Tee Chart and Animations

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
sde

Tee Chart and Animations

Post by sde » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:27 pm

I was researching the animation features in teechart and came across some issues with what is included in the example features.

If you search on "animation" in the tee chart example features application, you get four results. I had problems with the following...

1) For the result "Series Animation," what is the pas unit that contains this example? I could not find it in the source code. I'm guessing it's named without the word animation in it.

2) For the result called Delay, when I click the animate/execute button nothing happens even after I played around with all of the settings. Is there something wrong with that code?

3) For the Video Creator result, if you click the start recording button, you get the following error "AVI Error: 8004406F."

A couple of additional questions:

4) Are there any other resources for creating a movie of your data? I did look at the "Welcome.pas" feature and am slightly confused about how the TTimer comes into play.

5) The Video Creator example states that "Videos can also be created with animated realtime charts or any other kind of multiple chart display." Regarding the phrase "multiple chart display," does that mean that I could create something like the four charts example, but have each chart animated, and have all four of those charts "playing" simultaneously and captured in a video?

Thanks!
SDE

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tee Chart and Animations

Post by Yeray » Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:33 pm

Hello,
sde wrote:1) For the result "Series Animation," what is the pas unit that contains this example? I could not find it in the source code. I'm guessing it's named without the word animation in it.
It's Tools_SeriesAnim.
sde wrote:2) For the result called Delay, when I click the animate/execute button nothing happens even after I played around with all of the settings. Is there something wrong with that code?
I see the problem is Button1Click calls ChartTool1.Execute and then it calls StopAnimation method, that calls ChartTool1.Stop; so the animation is started but stopped too fast.
We'll try to correct it for the next maintenance release.
sde wrote:3) For the Video Creator result, if you click the start recording button, you get the following error "AVI Error: 8004406F."
I can't reproduce this problem.
sde wrote:4) Are there any other resources for creating a movie of your data? I did look at the "Welcome.pas" feature and am slightly confused about how the TTimer comes into play.
Welcome_All.pas uses a TTimer to add data to a series everytime the timer event is launched; this time depends on the timer interval.
sde wrote:5) The Video Creator example states that "Videos can also be created with animated realtime charts or any other kind of multiple chart display." Regarding the phrase "multiple chart display," does that mean that I could create something like the four charts example, but have each chart animated, and have all four of those charts "playing" simultaneously and captured in a video?
The video tool is added to a Chart, so it can only record the chart it belongs to. However, a Chart can have multiple subcharts, and these subcharts would be captured by the video.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy