TeeRecompile pathes for TeeTree

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Whookie

TeeRecompile pathes for TeeTree

Post by Whookie » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:21 am

Hi,

would it be possible to change how TeeTree-Pathes where used, when the library is compiled?

At the moment there is no way to have two seperate pathes for the Release and Debug versions of TeeTree.
It seems as if it doesn't even respect the settings in TeeRecompile and uses a hard-coded path to:

<TChart path>\TeeTree\Compiled\..

regardless of the settings of the "Debug packeages compilation" checkbox.

It would be really great if you could use the "Relative Destination:" (I'm using "..\Release" and "..\Debug") from that inputbox (relative according to TeeTree OR just put it into the same directory as the TChart-Lib).

BTW.: It would be nice if you could store that "Relative Destination" - path twice, depending on the setting of the "Debug packages compilation" checkbox. This way it wouldn't be neccessary to type that part in, each time a config needs to be rebuilt.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TeeRecompile pathes for TeeTree

Post by Yeray » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:42 pm

Hello,

Have you tried running TeeRecompile twice, one for Debug:
debug.png
debug.png (32.04 KiB) Viewed 7403 times
And one for Release:
release.png
release.png (31.98 KiB) Viewed 7398 times
Then you could set the paths in your IDE to take one or the other depending on the "Build Configuration".
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Whookie

Post by Whookie » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:17 pm

Maybe I was not clear enough, so here is what I do:
pathes01.jpg
pathes01.jpg (126.5 KiB) Viewed 7371 times
1: To start from scratch I deleted all the output directorys (see Explorer tree)

2: First I compile the debug-version (this is necessary because otherwise you end up with TeeTree compiled in debugmode(!)). In Addition to your suggestion I do not install this to the IDE (unchecked that option)

3: I run the compilation and that results in the Explorer-tree shown in the picture. Please not that - while the TChart-Library is compiled to the directory I choose (..\Debug) - the TeeTree - sources are compiled to a hard-coded path called "compiled" (gray mark under the \TeeTree).
pathes02.jpg
pathes02.jpg (94.34 KiB) Viewed 7376 times
4: To clarify that I expanted that directory and made a screenshot of that path (..\TeeTree\Compiled) and its 19.1MB in size)

5: Then I change settings to my "..\Release"-path also this time the libraries get installed to the IDE (and debug is checked off)
pathes03.jpg
pathes03.jpg (147.81 KiB) Viewed 7380 times
6: After compilation in the TeeChart Pro directory an additional \Release-path is added BUT if you look at TeeTree below, there is just that harded-coded "Compiled" sub-directory! (This is the reason why you end up with a debug-version installed if you do not compile that version after the debug-version)

7: To be sure I deleted the TeeTree\Compiled sub-order and repeated compilation, then I made the last screenshot. Now the "Compiled" path is back and is 4.95 MB in size.

What I expect would be:

TeeChart Pro\TeeTree\Debug
TeeChart Pro\TeeTree\Release

for both compilation-runs, but it would also ok, if all the units use the same path as the TChart-library itself (TeeChart Pro\Debug and TeeChart Pro\Release).

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Mon May 02, 2016 8:38 am

Hello,

Thanks for the explanation. It clarifies the request so I've added it to the public tracker:
http://bugs.teechart.net/show_bug.cgi?id=1531

In the meanwhile, I guess you could build the "Debug" packages, move the TeeTree packages to an external "Debug" folder and do the same with the "Release" packages.
Of course, moving the packages will give you errors at the IDE startup if you installed the packages to the IDE. But you can manually correct that in the list of packages in the IDE (and also the paths).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy