Installation problems, XE5

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
CeeJay

Installation problems, XE5

Post by CeeJay » Fri May 13, 2016 12:54 am

I have Delphi XE5, with a number of other libraries installed including DevExpress VCL. My base XE5 did not have the standard (free) Teechart installed. I have just purchased Teechart Pro VCL, and am having trouble installing it (Win10 64 bit, Delphi XE5 32 bit).

I've managed to get past several issues, as follows:

1. From the installer, "Winapi GDIPAPI and GDIPOBJ hpp include files cannot be found at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\include\windows. Please visit our download page to obtain them".

Searching through the Forum, I found these files and put them into - not .....12.0\include\windows (as the error message said), but ....12.0\include\windows\rtl.

The installer now runs to completion with no errors, just some messages about backing up Old Teechart Standard files.

2. Starting XE5, several errors, the first of which was: "Cannot load package 'Tee919.' It contains unit 'VCLTee.TeeConst', which is also contained in package 'Tee9190'.

Following a Forum suggestion I tried renaming ....12.0\bin\tee9190.bpl to tee919.bpl (with very little confidence) but this did not seem to help - the first message on starting XE5 was then an error about loading a DevExpress/Teechart package.

More searching on the Forum found some suggestions about interactions between DevExpress and Teechart, that DevExpress handles better on installation. So I uninstalled and reinstalled Teechart Pro, and then updated DevExpress to the latest version.

3. Now, my first error on starting XE5 is "The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Teeconst@TeeMsg_TemplateConcentricDonuts could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\windows\system32\TeeUI919.bpl". There are other errors, and they're mostly repeated if I try to create a new project in XE5 once it finally opens - and Teechart components are still unavailable.
Also, XE5 now loads Teechart before Devexpress.

I really need help here.

CeeJay

Re: Installation problems, XE5

Post by CeeJay » Fri May 13, 2016 12:56 am

(I don't seem to be able to edit the post)
Added: my Teechart Pro is the no source code license.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri May 13, 2016 9:23 am

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear you are finding so problems with the installation.
CeeJay wrote:1. From the installer, "Winapi GDIPAPI and GDIPOBJ hpp include files cannot be found at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Embarcadero\RAD Studio\12.0\include\windows. Please visit our download page to obtain them".

Searching through the Forum, I found these files and put them into - not .....12.0\include\windows (as the error message said), but ....12.0\include\windows\rtl.

The installer now runs to completion with no errors, just some messages about backing up Old Teechart Standard files.
That the correct way to proceed.
CeeJay wrote:2. Starting XE5, several errors, the first of which was: "Cannot load package 'Tee919.' It contains unit 'VCLTee.TeeConst', which is also contained in package 'Tee9190'.

Following a Forum suggestion I tried renaming ....12.0\bin\tee9190.bpl to tee919.bpl (with very little confidence) but this did not seem to help - the first message on starting XE5 was then an error about loading a DevExpress/Teechart package.

More searching on the Forum found some suggestions about interactions between DevExpress and Teechart, that DevExpress handles better on installation. So I uninstalled and reinstalled Teechart Pro, and then updated DevExpress to the latest version.
Where did you find that indication? I don't think renaming a .bpl is the correct way to fix it.
Here there are the general instructions about this common error:
http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... 279#p67773

In your case, where we know DevExpress may be using TeeChart, please try if unselecting DevExpress components from the list of packages allows you to select the TeeChart components.
CeeJay wrote:3. Now, my first error on starting XE5 is "The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Teeconst@TeeMsg_TemplateConcentricDonuts could not be located in the dynamic link library c:\windows\system32\TeeUI919.bpl". There are other errors, and they're mostly repeated if I try to create a new project in XE5 once it finally opens - and Teechart components are still unavailable.
Also, XE5 now loads Teechart before Devexpress.
I would reinstall TeeChart because this looks a bit different. To reinstall TeeChart you can run TeeInstall.exe from the installation folder and press "No" when it asks you to Uninstall TeeChart. If you select "Yes", you can run TeeInstall again and it will run in install mode.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay » Fri May 13, 2016 8:42 pm

Your referred post instructs: "In your case, please, unselect the TeeChart Standard package shipped with the IDE (Tee9210), and you should be able to safely select the TeeChart Pro/Std commercial package (Tee921).". I don't understand. How do I "unselect"? if you mean in "Component|Install Packages" in the IDE, there is no reference in there to either Tee9210, or to anything that might refer to the standard shipped Teechart (see attached).

However in any case, I think the error "Cannot load package 'Tee919.' It contains unit 'VCLTee.TeeConst', which is also contained in package 'Tee9190'" has been sorted by re-running the DevExpress installer after installing Teechart Pro - I have not seen this error again.

But I still have problems. I tried reinstalling using TeeInstall as you suggest, but there was no change. So I did a full download, again, of the XE5 Teechart Pro install. And in the IDE "Component|Install Packages" I have deselected all third party components. No change. On startup of the IDE I see four error dialogs:

1. The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Teeconst@TeeMsg_TemplateConcentricDonuts could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeeUI919.bpl.

2. Can't load package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX 2016.18\Delphi19\Delphi19.win32\Bin\DclTeePro919.bpl.
The specified procedure could not be found.
Do you want to attempt to load this package the next time a project is loaded?

3. The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Teeconst@TeeMsg_TemplateConcentricDonuts could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeeLanguage919.bpl.

4. Can't load package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX 2016.18\Delphi19\Delphi19.win32\Bin\DclTree2D19Tee9.bpl.

And if I open Component|Install Packages, and try to select either Teechart Pro 2016 or TeeTree 2, I see similar dialogs (see attached).
Attachments
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (34.7 KiB) Viewed 12891 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (32.84 KiB) Viewed 12888 times

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay » Mon May 16, 2016 10:33 pm

On reading some other threads here, I tried running TeeInstall as administrator. Not sure if this was the reason, but now I see even more messages on IDE startup!

The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Teeprocs@TeeTranslateControl$qqrxp25System@Classes@TComponent could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeeDB919.bpl.

The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Tecanvas@TTeeNeutralCanvas@EndBlending$qqrxp25Vcltee@Tecanvas@TTeeBlend could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeeGL919.bpl.

The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Teeconst@TeeMsg_TemplateConcentricDonuts could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeeUI919.bpl.

Can't load package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX 2016.18\Delphi19\Delphi19.win32\Bin\DclTeePro919.bpl.

The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Teeconst@TeeMsg_TemplateConcentricDonuts could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeeLanguage919.bpl.

The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Teeconst@TeeMsg_Data could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeePro919.bpl.

The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Teeconst@TeeMsg_TemplateConcentricDonuts could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeeUI919.bpl.

The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Tecanvas@TTeePen@IsWidthStored$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeeTree2D19Tee9.bpl.

Can't load package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX 2016.18\Delphi19\Delphi19.win32\Bin\DclTree2D19Tee9.bpl.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue May 17, 2016 7:32 am

Hello,

First please check you IDE has all the updates available for it. In the case of XE5 it's Update 2 + Hotfixes 1 to 6.

As you found, we use to recommend to run TeeInstall "as administrator" to make sure it has enough privileges to write at system32/syswow64 folders and registry.
Also please run your IDE "as administrator".
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay » Tue May 17, 2016 10:18 am

Yeray, thanks for the suggestions but I'm afraid there is no improvement. :(

I did have Update 2, but not the hotfixes. I've applied all those applicable (2 is not for Xe5/Delphi, and 6 only updates Macintosh files).

And I have re-run TeeInstall, as Admin.

Starting the IDE as Admin:

The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Teeprocs@TeeTranslateControl$qqrxp25System@Classes@TComponent could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeeDB919.bpl.

The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Tecanvas@TTeeNeutralCanvas@EndBlending$qqrxp25Vcltee@Tecanvas@TTeeBlend could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeeGL919.bpl.

The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Teeexception@TTeeExceptionForm@Send$qqrx20System@UnicodeStringp25System@Sysutils@Exception could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX 2016.18\Delphi19\Delphi19.win32\Bin\DclTeePro919.bpl.

Can't load package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX 2016.18\Delphi19\Delphi19.win32\Bin\DclTeePro919.bpl.

The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Teeconst@TeeMsg_TemplateConcentricDonuts could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeeLanguage919.bpl.

The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Teeconst@TeeMsg_Data could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeePro919.bpl.

The procedure entry point @Vcltee@Tecanvas@TTeePen@IsWidthStored$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\TeeTree2D19Tee9.bpl.

Can't load package C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX 2016.18\Delphi19\Delphi19.win32\Bin\DclTree2D19Tee9.bpl.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue May 17, 2016 1:24 pm

Hello,

We've just verified the installation of TeeChart v2016.18 works fine for RAD Studio XE5 here.
Do you have a second machine to check it there?
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay » Tue May 17, 2016 7:49 pm

Yes, have just tried it on an older machine and seems to run OK. I guess my XE5 is broken in some way.

I will reinstall XE5 and report back!

CeeJay

Post by CeeJay » Wed May 18, 2016 7:06 pm

I uninstalled all 3rd party packages, then XE5, and did a registry + file system cleanup. Then reinstalled XE5, and added Teechart Pro before any other libraries.

All good now! Thanks Yeray, for your perseverance.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Thu May 19, 2016 7:31 am

Hi,
CeeJay wrote:I uninstalled all 3rd party packages, then XE5, and did a registry + file system cleanup. Then reinstalled XE5, and added Teechart Pro before any other libraries.
Uffs!!
CeeJay wrote:All good now! Thanks Yeray, for your perseverance.
You are welcome!
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software