Delphi XE8 integration

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
dst

Delphi XE8 integration

Post by dst » Tue May 17, 2016 5:54 am

Hello everyone,

I've recently purchased the pro version with sources. I've successfully downloaded and installed the last version (Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX Source Code 2016.18). I can compile my projects and access to the pro functionalities without problem. But the following issues make the product hard to use :

1. I can't use the "find declaration" functionality of Delphi (XE8) to jump to source code of TeeChart.
2. Delphi XE8 doesn't stop at the break point I've put in the source code of TeeChart.
3. No help is available for the TeeChart code.
4. I've downloaded the demo, but when I run Tee9New.exe and that I want to see the source code, a message appears telling me that I have to install TeeChart Pro. It looks like the source code of the demo has not been installed on my computer.

I've already read Yeray's post (http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... 6f1#p68790) and verified that the path in the IDE are correctly defined.

Any help on any of this subject will be appreciated.

dst

Re: Delphi XE8 integration

Post by dst » Tue May 17, 2016 6:32 am

Thanks to this post (http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... 6f1#p71261) I was able to access to the demo source and to the help by installing the binary version. So it solves point 3 and 4 of my previous post.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue May 17, 2016 8:00 am

Hello,
dst wrote:1. I can't use the "find declaration" functionality of Delphi (XE8) to jump to source code of TeeChart.
2. Delphi XE8 doesn't stop at the break point I've put in the source code of TeeChart.
Both points should be solved putting the source path in the "browsing path". Note that prefixes were introduced in XE2 so you should add the "Sources\VCL" folder instead of the "Sources" path.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

dst

Post by dst » Tue May 17, 2016 9:43 am

Thanks for the quick reply. I had already updated the browsing path (in Tools -> Options -> Environment Options -> Delphi Options -> Library -> Browsing Path, right ?) following the instructions you provide in another path. My path now start with

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX Source Code 2016.18\Source\VCL;C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX Source Code 2016.18\Source; ...

Unfortunately that doesn't solve the issue.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue May 17, 2016 11:08 am

Hello,

Try adding the "Sources\VCL" path in the "Debug DCU path" list also.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software

dst

Post by dst » Tue May 17, 2016 12:04 pm

Hello,

It worked (both points are solved). I just had to run my project once as admin, so that it generates the .dcu files inside the source folder. I do believe there might exist a better way than having 3 times the compiled files installed on my computer :
- once from the binary installation to have the examples and the documentation (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX 2016.18\Delphi22)
- once created with the TeeRecompile.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX Source Code 2016.18\Compiled)
- once created the first time I run a project(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX Source Code 2016.18\Source\VCL)

But I can live with that.

Thanks a lot for the support.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue May 17, 2016 12:11 pm

Hello,
dst wrote:- once from the binary installation to have the examples and the documentation (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX 2016.18\Delphi22)
If I'm not wrong, in the binary installation you can select "Help" and "Docs" and unselect all the IDEs, so you don't have the TeeChart packages here.
dst wrote:- once created with the TeeRecompile.exe (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX Source Code 2016.18\Compiled)
That's the only one I would keep in a Teechart with sources environment.
dst wrote:- once created the first time I run a project(C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX Source Code 2016.18\Source\VCL)
That one is different from the two above. It contains .pas and .dfm, not .dcu. These are the sources used to generate the .dcu files.
The sources in the "Source\VCL" and "Source\FMX" here are almost the same than the sources in the "Source" folder; the difference is that they include the prefixes.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software