TChartEditor: ugly display of axes list

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Rolf Fankhauser

TChartEditor: ugly display of axes list

Post by Rolf Fankhauser » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:29 am

Hi all,

I am testing the new version of TChart Pro and made a small application with TChartEditor (in Delphi XE5). I recognized that the standard height of the axes list under "Axis" is very small so that only one axis is visible. That's a strange layout setting! Is it possible to set the height programmatically before showing the editor?
I changed the height manually but after opening the editor again I see the default behaviour. The list for manually added axes should be smaller and the list for existing axes bigger.

At the moment I use a very old version of TChart (v5.0.3) but there the axis list is correctly shown. In this version there is no separate list for manually added axes.

Thanks, Rolf
Attachments
ChartEditor wish.PNG
wished layout
ChartEditor wish.PNG (43.37 KiB) Viewed 7847 times
ChartEditor v2016.PNG
default layout
ChartEditor v2016.PNG (32.93 KiB) Viewed 7838 times

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TChartEditor: ugly display of axes list

Post by Sandra » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:14 am

Hello Rolf,

Unfortunately, the problem you're experiencing doesn't appear for me here. Anyway, I think a easy fix for you is change the RememberSize Editor in the register value from 0 to 1. To do that you should only follow the steps below:

1- Open the RegEdit (using run->regedit)
2- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro\Editor
3- DoubleClick to RememberSize
4- Set 1 instead of 0
5- Open the editor again, the size should be changed

Hoping this helps you
Thanks in advance
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Rolf Fankhauser

Post by Rolf Fankhauser » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:01 am

Hello Sandra

Thanks for your prompt answer! I tried your suggestion and it worked but I found a solution without editing the registry: I set the height of the editor during design time high enough. Before, height and with were set to 0 (which means default values?). The default height was evidently too low to show all axes in the list.
Maybe I should set the height as a factor of PixelsPerInch to get a positive result for all screen resolutions. In my case screen resolution is 1366 x 768 and PixlesPerInch = 96 in the main window of the application.

Would your suggestion work for my customers when I deploy my application? Are these registry entries not only present if TeeChart is installed?

Thanks, Rolf

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Sandra » Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:35 am

Hello Rolf,
Thanks for your prompt answer! I tried your suggestion and it worked but I found a solution without editing the registry: I set the height of the editor during design time high enough. Before, height and withd were set to 0 (which means default values?).
The suggestion modified RememberSize, for default, is 0, that indicates the RememberSize isn't active and If you modify the editor size it shouldn't save. To change the option, you should go to the registry and change the RememberSize 0 to 1.

The other easiest option, is go to Chart Options->Chart Editor tab and select or deselect the checkbox RememberSize.
Note you can access to the Chart options, you need only do click with right button on the chart.
The both options should be used in design time chart editor, without chart component.
The default height was evidently too low to show all axes in the list.
Maybe I should set the height as a factor of PixelsPerInch to get a positive result for all screen resolutions. In my case screen resolution is 1366 x 768 and PixlesPerInch = 96 in the main window of the application.
Would your suggestion work for my customers when I deploy my application? Are these registry entries not only present if TeeChart is installed?
Sorry, I understand you work with Chart editor in design time, not with ChartEditor component. In that case, the solution is found, is a good option. Also, you can calculate the ChartEditor size according with the Screen resolution using a similar code below:

Code: Select all

procedure TForm1.Button1Click(Sender: TObject);
begin
ChartEditor1.Height:= 300;
ChartEditor1.Width := 800;
ChartEditor1.Height := Screen.Height- ChartEditor1.Height;
ChartEditor1.Width := Screen.Width- ChartEditor1.Width;
ChartEditor1.Execute;
end;
Hoping this helps
Thanks in advance
Best Regards,