Deleting a series may not remove its custom legend text

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Toreba

Deleting a series may not remove its custom legend text

Post by Toreba » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:20 am

Hi,

Using the chart editor, if I a delete a series, its default text also disappears from the legend. But if that series has a custom legend item, I find that that item is not deleted from the legend along with its series, and the legend displays nonsense symbols against the deleted series. Could you confirm this please?

Regards

Toreba

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Deleting a series may not remove its custom legend text

Post by Yeray » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:00 pm

Hello Toreba,

First of all, let me note the editor is designed to help developers to build their charts with less programming. It's not designed for the end user.

I see it gives a strange result. The legend items aren't linked to the series from the moment you choose to use custom items in the legend. However, when you change the number of series in the chart, some internal legend properties are recalculated and the final result is altered.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Toreba

Re: Deleting a series may not remove its custom legend text

Post by Toreba » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:09 am

Hi Yeray,

Thanks for confirming.

Yes I've been told a number of times that the chart editor is not designed for the end user, but then even with a few bugs and no events, it is still way too useful to ignore. With thousands of chart settings the user finds a reason to want to play with for best quality reporting, imagine the effort in building something similar from nothing. I suppose if TChartEditor is in the source code, we could develop from there ourselves.

Regards

Toreba