TeeChartVCLFMXSOURCE-2017.23. Installation problems

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Coder

TeeChartVCLFMXSOURCE-2017.23. Installation problems

Post by Coder » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:48 pm

Hi,

I am having a trouble installing latest package TeeChartVCLFMXSOURCE-2017.23.exe. Once installer compiles the code I start up Delphi XE 10.2.3 (Version 25.0.29899.2631) and I get this errors:
Error1.PNG
Error1.PNG (10.62 KiB) Viewed 8438 times
Error2.PNG
Error2.PNG (10.94 KiB) Viewed 8431 times
Error3.PNG
Error3.PNG (8.47 KiB) Viewed 8429 times
I also get the same errors when I try to "manually" install TclTeePro925.dpk and DclFmxTeePro925.dpk. I am really upset since I always have some stupid issues with TeeChart installers.

Why can't you do your installer the normal way and read everything from install folder? What the hell are packets doing in Windows/System32? Thank you for wasting my time again and again.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: TeeChartVCLFMXSOURCE-2017.23. Installation problems

Post by Yeray » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:39 am

Hello,

I've just reverified TeeChart Pro VCL/FMX v2017.23 with sources works fine for me in RAD Tokyo 10.2.3.
I'd suggest you to make sure you are running TeeRecompile/TeeInstall and IDE with high privileges "as administrador".

Thank you for your comments about the location of some of the TeeChart bpl files in the Windows System folder. This location is based on historical practice, it was the most effective way to provide pathing to the files on earlier IDE versions. Your comments are valid and we will review the positioning of them. Embarcadero still refer to system path here but the definition no longer requires use of Windows\System.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if you still find problems with it.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Coder

Post by Coder » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:17 am

I spent entire yesterday trying to compile TeeChartVCLFMXSOURCE-2017.23 package and without any luck. The problem persists. I deleted all *tee*.bpl from all folders (trough wide system search), installed the TeeChartVCLFMXSOURCE-2017.23 package with administrator rights and no success there. I have executed RAD Studio as admin... and so forth, no change.

Then I simply downloaded TeeChartVCLFMX-2017.23 binary package and NOT surprisingly it works. Of course entire TeeChartVCLFMXSOURCE-2017.23 source package is completely useless since recompile does not work and source path inclusion raises too many errors.

Why is that done like it is, beats me. Makes not much sense but I remember that source recompilation worked in the past.

Everything was done on fresh install of RAD Studio 10.2.3 (Enterprise) from ISO file.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:58 pm

Hello,

Note we build the binary installers using a TeeRecompile almost identical to the one shipped with the source code version.
Also, we always test the installers in a few different machines to make sure they work in the most common environments.

You can give a try at the v2018.24 just published. Or we can schedule a remote session to control your machine and see if we can find the reason of the problem you are experiencing.

Note another way to use the sources would be to:
- Install the binary version to get the design time packages.
- Install the source code version and run TeeRecompile from the command prompt with the argument "generateunits:XX" to generate the VCL and FMX folders from the sources. Ie:

Code: Select all

TeeRecompile.exe -generateunits:25
- Open the IDE, clean the Library path from any reference to TeeChart installations and add a reference to the VCL and FMX folders just generated.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy