Upgrade from TeeChart 5 to 7 Delphi 6 Problem

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Rob

Upgrade from TeeChart 5 to 7 Delphi 6 Problem

Post by Rob » Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:11 pm

As far as I know I have installed TeeChart version 7 in Delphi 6 except for the decision cube. I don't use it anyway...

Cannot install a package that required TeeChart 5 (Tee56.dcp, etc are in the Requires group). I replaced all the TeeChart 5 references with TeeChart 7 references. But still gives error "Never-build package 'TeePro76' must be recompiled. I have tried setting the Build Control option to Rebuild as Needed, but not joy. By the way, I got an error like this when I tried to manually recomple the Decision Cube package.

Please help.

Thanks,

Rob

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Wed Dec 22, 2004 7:17 am

Hi Rob,

have you followed the correct installing order:

1) Uninstall old TeeChart version.
2) Install all Delphi 6 patches
3) Install TeeChart v7.02 for Delphi 6.

Rob

Post by Rob » Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:36 pm

Yes, I followed the correct installing order. Like I said, TeeChart installed OK, but I was unable to use a custom package I made that required TeeChart 5. So, I uninstalled TeeChart that was installed via the binary installer, downloaded the latest source, and installed TeeChart 7 by way of building the packages. Everything worked fine until I restarted my computer. Now when I start Delphi I get this error:

"The procedure entry point @Teetml@initialization$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library Tee76.bpl."

I get this error each time Delphi tries to load a design time package.

All the runtime packages are in my C:\WinNT\System32 folder.

Thanks for your help.

Rob

Rob

Post by Rob » Wed Dec 22, 2004 2:56 pm

I got everything working now.

I deleted all previous versions of the BPL files and ran TeeRecompile.exe.

All is well except no help files with the source. Maybe I can download from website.

Rob

Rob

Post by Rob » Wed Dec 22, 2004 3:15 pm

After installing using binary install (to get the help files) I get "The procedure entry point @Teetml@initialization$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library Tee76.bpl," again.

I am now going to remove every thing that references TeeChar and the TeeChar runtime packages, re-install TeeChart 7 using the binary install, and hope and pray this works.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Pat

I'm in the same boat...

Post by Pat » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:18 pm

I just upgraded to the TeeChart 7.02 from an earlier version and I'm getting the "Never Build Package Tee76 must be recompiled".

In my case, I find that if I eliminate all other components that use TeeChart (we have a couple with "Chart" in their uses statements) the problem goes away.

I've eliminated all the .dcu's, but I haven't tried the bpl's yet. If you find a solution (or if anyone else out there has any suggestions), please post!

I should have known better than to start this process right before vacation...

Pat

Here's an answer...

Post by Pat » Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:49 pm

Rob, I used your comments and some experimentation to come up with a procedure that seemed to work:

1) Remove the components that use TChart. I also deleted the DCUs associated with them, but I don't know if that's necessary.
2) Shut down Delphi
3) Run the installation TeeChart7.01Delphi6.exe
4) Run the installation TeeChart7.02SourceCode.exe
5) Run the program TeeRecompile that is installed (by default) into:
"C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart Pro v7.02 Full Source Code"
6) Run Delphi
7) Re-install the components you removed in step 1.

However, I'm still encountering a very odd problem: When I try to run TeeChartOffice.exe, I get the message "The procedure entry point @Teetranslate@TeeTranslateAControl$qqrp17Controls@TControl could not be located in the dynamic link library TeeLanguage76.bpl" This also happens with "Tee7New.exe".

However, this hasn't happened with any of the programs that I've compiled.

So, for me, this is now more of a curiosity than a problem.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:35 am

Hi Pat,
However, I'm still encountering a very odd problem: When I try to run TeeChartOffice.exe, I get the message "The procedure entry point @Teetranslate@TeeTranslateAControl$qqrp17Controls@TControl could not be located in the dynamic link library TeeLanguage76.bpl" This also happens with "Tee7New.exe".
Have you tried to recompile the TeeChartOffice sources and replace the old TeeChartOffice.exe file ?