Installation error: "... TeeCalc.exe is not recognized ..."

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Geocentrix

Installation error: "... TeeCalc.exe is not recognized ..."

Post by Geocentrix » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:48 am

I am installing TeeChart VCL v2018.24 on a Windows 10 (v1803) machine and get the following error message after entering my Licence Number and Password (which is valid until 03 Oct 2018):
Error.png
Error.png (59.75 KiB) Viewed 7906 times
I have successfully installed TeeChart VCL v2018.24 on other Windows 10 (v1803) machines without any problems.

I have previously deleted all entries for Steema and TeeChart from Windows' Registry and deleted all Steema folders from C:\Program Files (x86). I am running the installer with Admin privileges.

When the installation fails, the directory structure in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software looks like this:
Directory.jpg
Directory.jpg (78.47 KiB) Viewed 7905 times
The installation proceeds if I do NOT register TeeChart - but then, when I use the control, the 'Trial' nag box pops up.

Help! What can I do to get the installer to succeed?

Is it possible to register TeeChart after the trial edition has been installed. I am happy to edit Windows' Registry if needed.

Please advise. Many thanks

Andrew Bond

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation error: "... TeeCalc.exe is not recognized ..."

Post by Yeray » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:49 am

Hello Andrew,

I'm not sure about what could be causing the problem if you are already running it with high privileges and already cleaned the system from previous installations.
However, since you could install it in another machine, you could (zip and) copy that installation and then run TeeInstall.exe to install the components into the IDE.

I'm afraid the trial installation can't be registered; the installer extracts a different bpl when installing in trial mode.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Geocentrix

Re: Installation error: "... TeeCalc.exe is not recognized ..."

Post by Geocentrix » Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:21 pm

Yeray

Thanks for your advice - that worked perfectly.

Andrew