Performance for loading a lot of TBarSeries object on chart

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Silvester

Performance for loading a lot of TBarSeries object on chart

Post by Silvester » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:15 pm

Hi,
I am trying to add a huge amount (around 100.000) of TBarSeries plot objects to a chart, and it works too slow for my application (around 10 s for 10000 and increasing as the amount grows). That is my test result for just a chart without other plot objects and settings that I usually have. It is a requirement that each bar series has multiple colors (in other words: colored layers).

When I try to pan, zoom or rescale performance is also a problem.

I attached a simple project. If anybody have some ideas to help, tnx in advance.
Attachments
PureChart.zip
(76.12 KiB) Downloaded 691 times

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Performance for loading a lot of TBarSeries object on chart

Post by Yeray » Mon Jul 06, 2020 9:50 am

Hello,

Obviously TeeChart needs some time time to draw points (rectangles in the case of TBarSeries values) and the performance of the app directly depends on factors like the number of shapes to draw, the complexity of the brushes to be used (gradients, dash lines,...) and the specifications of the target machine.

We use to recommend trying to avoid drawing more points than the actual screen/app resolution, since most of them won't be shown anyway and will be wasting cpu. In the app you attached there are 10.000 bar series created, with 25 points each, which means 250.000 rectangles being drawn in 1383px window (at least by default).
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy