Installer seems not to update the environment variables

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
AlfChr

Installer seems not to update the environment variables

Post by AlfChr » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:41 pm

After installing last version, both via using the source program and the binary installer, the environment variables still point to precios files

TEEINCPATHH still points to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX 2020.29\Delphi26\Delphi26.win32\Include
TEELIBPATH points to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX 2020.29\Delphi26\Delphi26.win32\Lib
and
TEESRCPATH point to C:\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX Source Code 2019.27\Source\VCL;C:\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX Source Code 2019.27\Source\FMX

Since no other seems to get this problem, is using Norwegian Microsoft be the culprit ?

(Microsoft Norway is very eager to translate everything :-(

AlfChr

Re: Installer seems not to update the environment variables

Post by AlfChr » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:32 am

When checking registry, most paths registered are stale paths and don't reflect what is installed.
Poor removing by the uninstaller?
There was several generations of paths, one also with path being
C:\Steema Software\Steema TeeChart Pro VCL FMX Source Code 2019.27\Compiled\Delphi26.android\Include
Another did point to prevoious version, in 2020.29

No wonder why usage of teetree etc. give lots of errors:-(

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:03 am

Hello,

The installer/uninstaller sometimes fails to remove some paths. This is something we are aware of and hoping to fix in future versions.
Anyhow, we use to recommend manually checking the paths in the IDE after any install.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

AlfChr

Post by AlfChr » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:07 pm

Thx.

But it seems like the Delphi installer also makes some havoc.

Since I anyway install the full version, I do not check the tick for installing the built in version.

But, (as several previous times), after setting up 10.4 and wanted to install, the message about 'Old standard files found at:
C:\Program Files(x86)\Embarcadero\Studio\21.0\include\windows\fmx
Those files should be moved to a backup folder. Continue?

I quit the installation in hope for some comment.

Is it a bug in Delphi installer or the Steema installer who trigger on some false info??

AlfChr

Post by AlfChr » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:19 pm

Finally I solved the problem.
As I never develope using an account with admin hood, it turned out I had to add mmy account to the admin group before being able to have the paths and components fregistered under my current_client registry key.
Before that I searched for all Steema paths in registry and deleted them all before first trying to install directly from my account where I had to enter my admin account password to install the program. But, no components was registered and it turned out all of them was only registered with my admin account which I don't use. So I had to uninstall it again and then log in to the admin account and add my daily work account as admin and then reinstall again.
Then everything worked.
And I think that may also give rise to not having all unregistered wwhen uninstalling

I can't remember the installer anytime asked if the installation should apply all users or not. Maybe thats why it fails in first case

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:05 am

Hello,

To minimize these kind of problems we use to recommend to run the installers and even to run the IDE itself with high privileges.
I'm glad to hear you found how to solve it.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy