entry point not found in TeeImport925.bpl

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
dummzeuch

entry point not found in TeeImport925.bpl

Post by dummzeuch » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:04 pm

I just installed, TeeChartPro VCL + sources 2020.30, compiled the sources using the TeeRecompile tool for Delphi 10.2. Everything worked fine as far as I can tell. But when I start the IDE, I get the following error:

The procedure entry point @System@Net@Mime@%TAcceptValueListBase__1$p32System@Net@Mime@TAcceptValueItem%@$bcctr$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\TeeImport925.bpl.

Followed by:

Can't load package D:\Source\ArgusDataViewer\libs\teechart\Compiled\Delphi25.win32\Bin\DclTeePro925.bpl.
The specified procedure could not be found.
Do you want to attempt to load this package the next time a project is loaded?

That entry point is indeed missing from the package. I tried to load the DclTeePro925 package project into the IDE in order to remove TeeImport925 from the required packages list (I remember doing that with Version 2017 at some time, because we don't use it). But I couldn't recompile the package afterwards.

So, what can I do? Why doesn't the source code compile? That's why we spent the extra money to get the sources: To be able to recompile the components when necessary.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: entry point not found in TeeImport925.bpl

Post by Yeray » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:26 am

Hello,

Did you run TeeRecompile with "Install packages into IDEs" checkbox selected? Did it end with all the RX10.2 Tokyo items in green (specially the win32 since this is the one that includes the design-time package)?

If you still find problems with it, please try to run TeeInstall.exe (from your "\Compiled\Delphi25.win32" folder) with high privileges to reinstall the packages into the IDE.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

dummzeuch

Post by dummzeuch » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:24 pm

Yeray wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:26 am
Did you run TeeRecompile with "Install packages into IDEs" checkbox selected? Did it end with all the RX10.2 Tokyo items in green (specially the win32 since this is the one that includes the design-time package)?
Yes I did. Everything was green.
I only compiled / installed the TeeChart for VCL packages (see attached screenshot).
TeeRecompile.png
TeeRecompile.png (36.5 KiB) Viewed 13972 times
There was no error message in the log file:
(see attachment TeeRecompileLog.zip)
Yeray wrote:
If you still find problems with it, please try to run TeeInstall.exe (from your "\Compiled\Delphi25.win32" folder) with high privileges to reinstall the packages into the IDE.
I tried that too (after I found that program):

TeeInstall automatically asked for admin privileges via UAC and managed to copy the bpl files to c:\windows\SysWOW64, so it shouldn't be an access rights problem. The Delphi IDE also wasn't running at that time.

It first told me that the packages were already installed and whehter I wanted to remove them. I did that.
Then, I started it the second time. This time it told me that there were old TeeChart standard files in c:\delphi\delphi_10.2\lib (that's where I installed Delphi 10.2) and asked whether to move them to a backup folder. This question appeared 4 times in a row and I always pressed "Continue". The last dialog said "TeeChart 2020 for Win32 v25 (Delphi 10.2 and C++Builder 10.2 Update 3) is now installed."

I just repeated the process this time explicitly starting the program as adminstrator both times. The problem persists

I also searched for any files related to TeeChart in

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\Bpl

and

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Embarcadero\Studio\19.0\dcp

tee*.bpl , tee*.dcp, dcltee*.bpl and dcltee*.dcp

deleted them and repeated the process. The problem persists.

I also manged to get the package sources to compile and removed TeeImport925 from the requires clause in dclteepro925. This will automatically import the unit VCLTee.TeeImportEditor and .TeeImport into the designtime package. Which then means that dclteepro925 fails to load with the same error message.

The error message seems to refer to the rtl unit System.Net.Mime wich is contained in rtl.bpl (I just checked with the PE Information tool from GExperts.) It's odd that the error message says it is looking for it in the teechart-package.

This is Delphi 10.2 update 3 in case it matters.
Attachments
TeeRecompileLog.zip
(788 Bytes) Downloaded 734 times

dummzeuch

Post by dummzeuch » Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:03 pm

dummzeuch wrote:
The error message seems to refer to the rtl unit System.Net.Mime wich is contained in rtl.bpl (I just checked with the PE Information tool from GExperts.) It's odd that the error message says it is looking for it in the teechart-package.
I just looked closer:

rtl250.bpl exports an entry point called

@System@Net@Mime@%TAcceptValueListBase__1$p32System@Net@Mime@TAcceptValueItem%@$bctr$qqrv $3A63 $4097CC

But there is no export for

@System@Net@Mime@%TAcceptValueListBase__1$p32System@Net@Mime@TAcceptValueItem%@$bcctr$qqrv

("bctr" vs. "bcctr")

teeimport925 imports

@System@Net@Mime@%TAcceptValueListBase__1$p32System@Net@Mime@TAcceptValueItem%@$bcctr$qqrv $0
@System@Net@Mime@%TAcceptValueListBase__1$p32System@Net@Mime@TAcceptValueItem%@$bcdtr$qqrv $0

from rtl250.bpl

I'm not sure what this means though.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:55 am

Hello,

Both TeeRecompile and TeeInstall seem to work fine for me using TeeChart Pro v2020.30 with sources and RAD 10.2.3 Tokyo.
Tip: Replying "no" when TeeInstall detects an installation and asks you to uninstall it, it actually reinstalls TeeChart.

Since the compilation ended without errors, I'd suggest you to reinstall TeeChart using TeeInstall (as administrator) and also open the IDE as administrator and with no projects loaded.

If you still find problems with it, please contact info@steema.com referencing this thread and we'll check if we can schedule a remote support session.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

dummzeuch

Post by dummzeuch » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:29 pm

I just tried it again:

* started TeeInstall.exe as adminstrator
* Replied "No" when asked whether I want to uninstall
* Got the message, that it had installed the packages
* started the Delphi IDE as administrator

No change:
---------------------------
bds.exe - Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point @System@Net@Mime@%TAcceptValueListBase__1$p32System@Net@Mime@TAcceptValueItem%@$bcctr$qqrv could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\Windows\SYSTEM32\TeeImport925.bpl.
OK

I will now try to uninstall the sources, wipe anything related to teechart from the computer, start a fresh install and try again. I that doesn't work, I will contact you for remote assistance as suggested.

dummzeuch

Post by dummzeuch » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:25 pm

dummzeuch wrote:
Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:29 pm
I will now try to uninstall the sources, wipe anything related to teechart from the computer, start a fresh install and try again. I that doesn't work, I will contact you for remote assistance as suggested.
Didn't work. So it's remote assistance I guess.