Arrow Series drawing "feature"

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Toby

Arrow Series drawing "feature"

Post by Toby » Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:33 am

Hi

I have a single ArrowSeries on a chart which uses 3d arrows (so that each arrow has shape and not a line).

When I set the ArrowWidth and Height properties (in pixels) and scroll the chart then arrows are drawn in different widths and seem to disregard the absolute ArrowWidth / ArrowHeight pixel sizes.

Is there a solution to this problem ?

Many thanks

Toby

(Using TChart VCL 6.01 on Delphi 7, XP Pro)

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Mon Dec 22, 2003 3:33 pm

Hi, Toby.

Are you sure ? I set arrow series ArrowWidth and ArrowHeight properties to specific value and when I performed a scroll/zoom operation, arrow series width/height remained the same (scaling did not change absolute screen size). But it's possible I've missed something and I cannot duplicate your example. So, if there is not too much trouble, can you send me small sample application which demonstrates this problem (sources only) ? You can send it to marjan@steema.com email address. I'll try it on my machine.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

Toby

Post by Toby » Tue Jan 06, 2004 4:27 pm

Marjan, You have email :)

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:06 pm

Hi, Dan.

I see it now <g>. The problem happens arrow height is changing as you're scrolling (vertically) chart or changing chart size. The problem occurs only when chart 3D view is set to true and when arrow width/height is sufficiently small. The problem is a rounding error in internal chart TCanvas3D.Arrow method. I'll log this to our bug list so it can be addressed for next major release.
Marjan Slatinek,

Toby

Post by Toby » Thu Jan 08, 2004 4:19 pm

Hi Marjan

Glad you found the problem so quickly.

Is there any idea of timescale involved before this might be released ?

If it is likely to be more then a few weeks is there a work around I can use ? (bear in mind I only have the 'dcu' version of the component and not the full sources)

Toby

Post by Toby » Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:37 am

Can you confirm that this problem has been resolved in version 7.0 ?

Toby

Post by Toby » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:29 am

BTTT

Toby

Post by Toby » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:38 pm

I have just downloaded v7 trial version - it appears that this bug has not yet been fixed :(

Am I right in thinking that to resolve this issue I presume its now a case of upgrading the version to "with sources" and correcting the fault myself ?

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:46 am

Hi, Toby.

I've tested it with TeeChart v7.01 (still beta) and it's working fine (I think). I posted sample application which demonstrates this in our steema.public.attachments newsgroup. Can you give it a try and let me know if it works ?
Marjan Slatinek,