Displaying and printing to scale with TeeChart?

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
AeroSys

Displaying and printing to scale with TeeChart?

Post by AeroSys » Tue Apr 19, 2005 6:08 am

I am plotting point positions and vector line to a Chart 7 but my diagram is distorted or stretched to the extents of the window size for the chart. I want to view the diagram at a correct proportional scale where X is scaled correctly relative to Y? What properties need to be turned ON or OFF?

Thanks,

Matt
aerosys@aerogeomatics.com

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:47 am

Hi Matt,

Could you please check what your chart anchors are set to? Try setting them to Left and Top only.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

AeroSys

Post by AeroSys » Wed Apr 20, 2005 3:08 pm

Narcis,

I turned off the bottom and right anchors so now it is only anchored at the top & Left. I also set BackImageMode to pbmCenter and AutoSize to false, but I still get the same problem, which is that the diagram stretches unevenly (distorted) to fit the resized Chart window area. The chart also has its alignment property set to alCLient (to the pannel it was placed on)

I like and want the diagram to re-size to fit the window, but it needs to do so in relative proportion (fixed aspect ratio) of the point series actual ground coordinates

I sent you an email with two BMPs showing (1) an approximate correct scaling, and (2) the distorted aspect ration, did you receive these?

Matt

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:57 am

Hi Matt,

I have received your images but I can't appreciate any difference between them. Would you be so kind to point us the differences?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

AeroSys

Post by AeroSys » Thu Apr 21, 2005 2:03 pm

The blue wire outlines in the first bmp are more or less perfect squares (overlapping) where the aspect ratio between x and y are equal on the screen. I achieved this by resizing the Chart1 window by hand and eyeball untill the aspect ratio looked approximately correct. In the second bmp, the diagram is elongated in the Y direction because the Chart is automatically strecthing the data to fit the size of the windowed area. What I need to do is only allow resizing with correct (exact) x & Y aspect ratio regardless of window size.

Matt
aerosys@aerogeomatics.com

FYI, put in a "view 3D' modw, this is really cool feature of yours.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:33 pm

Hi Matt,

I'm sorry, I've been looking the images you sent us and I'm not able to see any difference between them. Are you sure you've sent use the two different images ? Could you please be so kind to send us them again and indicate (over them) where the problem is ?