Problem seeing pointer line with TAnnotation Tool

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
AeroSys

Problem seeing pointer line with TAnnotation Tool

Post by AeroSys » Mon May 02, 2005 8:29 pm

Hi,

I am using a ChartTool1 : TAnotation Tool in two different forms. In one the pointer line is clearly visible, in the other it doesn't appear no matter what I do to set it's properties via the Delphi Object propertes Inspector or by using the TeeChart embedded editor? Should I try setting it visible programmatically?

What properties do I set programmatically, since they don't map direction to the property editor names?

FYI: the Chart1 background color is BLACK, I've been trying to set the pointer line to red in order to make it show up.

Thanks in advance,

Matt aerosys@aerogeomatics.com

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue May 03, 2005 7:43 am

Hi Matt,
I am using a ChartTool1 : TAnotation Tool in two different forms. In one the pointer line is clearly visible, in the other it doesn't appear no matter what I do to set it's properties via the Delphi Object propertes Inspector or by using the TeeChart embedded editor? Should I try setting it visible programmatically?

What properties do I set programmatically, since they don't map direction to the property editor names?
It's strange, you can try it programmatically, it may be a serialization problem. Using the chart editor and clicking on the help question mark button and then clicking on one property the design-time help window for the clicked property will be opened. This way you will know what to set at run-time.
FYI: the Chart1 background color is BLACK, I've been trying to set the pointer line to red in order to make it show up.
It's even more strange. Could you please send us an example we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here? Please post your examples at [url]news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments[/url] newsgroup.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

AeroSys

Post by AeroSys » Wed May 04, 2005 1:06 am

Hi, I seemed to have resolved the problem by systematically turning various "visible" properties and finally got the pointer to show.

Thanks for the help,

Matt