Synchronizing grid lines for Left and Right Axes

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
rolf

Synchronizing grid lines for Left and Right Axes

Post by rolf » Thu Jan 08, 2004 7:28 pm

I have a TChart that has two series: one assigned to the Left axis and one assigned to the Right Axis.

I want the horizontal grid lines for the Left and Right axes to exactly coincide so that one set lies on top of the other. This is to improve the appearance of the plot by reducing the clutter caused by having two sets of horizontal grid lines.

What chart and axis properties will allow me to best implement this behaviour? Is there anything in V6 to automatically do this?

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Thu Jan 08, 2004 9:53 pm

Hi, Rolf.

No "auto" way to do this I'm afraid :( To have both grids coincide, you'll have to :

a) Make sure both axes have the same number of labels displayed. This can be done by setting axis increment property.
b) Both axes start labeling at the same position. This can be to some degree controlled by seting right axis minimum and maximum value.

All in all, not an easy task to do. Alternatively, you could simply hide right axis gridlines and you won't have duplicate gridlines.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

gdixon

Re: Synchronizing grid lines for Left and Right Axes

Post by gdixon » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:58 pm

Has any movement been made with this issue of left and right axes not aligning completely?

The values on either axis are exactly the same, both set with SetMinMax(1, 22).

I've removed the right grid line to avoid to the minor overlap with the line.

It looks almost the same except the right hand labels are slightly offset from the left, this can be seen when zooming in.

I'm using version 4.1.2016.05120

Many Thanks

Garry

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Synchronizing grid lines for Left and Right Axes

Post by Yeray » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:50 pm

Hello Garry,
gdixon wrote:It looks almost the same except the right hand labels are slightly offset from the left, this can be seen when zooming in.
Could you please arrange a simple example project we can run as-is to reproduce the problem here?
gdixon wrote:I'm using version 4.1.2016.05120
I guess you are using TeeChart .NET. However, the same theory applies to all the TeeChart versions.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy