Since when TChartSeries implements BeginUpdate/EndUpdate?

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ibauer

Since when TChartSeries implements BeginUpdate/EndUpdate?

Post by ibauer » Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:25 pm

Hi!

I'm developing a component that interfaces with TeeChart, namely with TChartSeries and I make a heavy use of BeginUpdate/EndUpdate method pair in order to increase the performance when manipulating with series points (TeeChart 7 VCL Pro). I plan to deploy my component to another developers who may have a different (lower) TeeChart Pro versions or even standard version(s) that ship with Delphi.

My questions are:

1) In which TeeChart PRO version were BeginUpdate/EndUpdate methods of TChartSeries introduced for the first time ever?

2) After making some research myself, it seems to me that NONE of the standard versions of TeeChart that ship with Delphi 4 to Delphi 2005 do implement these methods. Can anyone confirm this to me, please?

3) Is there any conditional define of TeeChart version so I can easily $IFDEF every call to these methods in my code with respect to a variety of TeeChart versions living around?

Thanks in advance!
Ivo

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jun 30, 2005 3:23 pm

Hi Ivo,

1) If I'm not wrong it was TeeChart Pro v5.

2) It makes sense as this version is v4.04 Standard.

3) You should create an $IFDEF on your own and check which TeeChart version is being used. At TeeConst unit there's a variable called TeeChartVersion, you could check this in Delphi 7. On the other hand you could check TeeChart packages as they indicate which version are, for example, if you're using TeeChart v6 with Delphi 5, then package names will be like TeePro65 and so.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

ibauer

Post by ibauer » Fri Jul 01, 2005 7:03 am

That was exactly what I needed.
Thanks a lot!