CLX Help for BCB6

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
CareCureJeff

CLX Help for BCB6

Post by CareCureJeff » Wed Aug 17, 2005 6:17 pm

All the help files I have are for the VCL version.

How do we get help for the CLX version?

In a VCL application I get all these beautiful TeeChart components on the palette.

But in a CLX application there are simply four non-visual components. None of the help/tutorials apply.

Whatt do we do? How do we get started?

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:37 am

Hi,
How do we get help for the CLX version?
If you've installed the TeeChart Pro version with source code, it wont install the Help files. These are only included into the installer without source code. If you need them and don't want to have to install the non-source code version let me know an email account and I'll send to you.
In a VCL application I get all these beautiful TeeChart components on the palette.
But in a CLX application there are simply four non-visual components.
We're having the same problems here (Delphi related). I think the solution was to close / reopen Delphi after uninstalling the VCL packages and installing the CLX ones. Sometimes closing the current project (close all), installing the CLX packages and then creating a new CLX app, shows correctly all components in the palette. We haven't yet found the cause. Perhaps Delphi has a conflict when uninstalling and installing packages that have the same component class names (ie: TChart) and also the same unit names (ie: Chart.pas).

Another trick you might use (I got it from one of our customers):
"
The TeeDefs.inc file has the following line in it -
{$IFDEF D6}
{.$DEFINE CLX}
{$ENDIF}
If I take out the "." and recompile the CLX pacakges (again), I get everything showing up on the CLX palette and the same 5 from before now showing up on the VCL palette.

CareCureJeff

Post by CareCureJeff » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:00 pm

Pep, thank you. Can you please email CLX help files to jweeks@rci.rutgers.edu ?

I'll work on getting the BCB IDE set up and let you know how it goes.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:40 am

Hi,

ok, sent !