Printing gridvalues?

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
achristouio

Printing gridvalues?

Post by achristouio » Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:14 pm

My boss want both a printout of the grid values being the basis of the plots, but also be able to export them to a CSV file. It seems not being able with tChartGrid (at least I have not found any methods for this) so until now I have tried to use tJvGrid and tJvGridPrinter, but it is buggy and if starting printing with wrong button (two print icons are shown) nothing works at all, while pressing the other button starts an infinite printout of the first grid row on top of each page.

I hope in future I will be able to use tChartGrid to print out the grid or export it for further statistic analysis with either Excel or SPSS and alike.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:28 am

Hi,

Printing data directly from TChartGrid is not yet supported. It is on our wish list to be considered for further releases.

Right now you could manually draw chart grid values on printer page (drawing to preview canvas is demonstrated in one of Teechart examples, check the Demo Features project for "Custom Drawing example") or use other 3rd party reporting tool to append series values (table) to page.

VideoTrack

Re: Printing gridvalues?

Post by VideoTrack » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:44 am

I note that in 2006 there was a comment:
"Printing data directly from TChartGrid is not yet supported. It is on our wish list to be considered for further releases. "

It is now 2017. Is this now possible?

I have a ChartGrid that is attached to a Chart:
QDChartGrid.Chart := QueueChart;

The QDChartGrid populates successfully when each new series is added to the QueueChart.

How can I retrieve the values in each of the cells from the QDChartGrid?
I want to select certain values from certain cells. It seem a fairly straightforward task, but this is proving very difficult.

Thanks

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Printing gridvalues?

Post by Sandra » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:13 pm

Hello VideoTrack
Re. "How can I retrieve the values in each of the cells from the QDChartGrid?
I want to select certain values from certain cells. It seem a fairly straightforward task, but this is proving very difficult."
The cell values of a ChartGrid are those of the Chart Series. The ChartGrid can be considered a viewer. You can access the Chart Series values via their index value to copy or print. When you click on a ChartGrid you can recover the Column index and the Row index of the click, from those you can return the Series value of the series (col index) and point (row index).

Also, Steema will soon be making available a Grid component that will offer more flexibility.

Thanks in advance
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum