TCandleSeries border

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
nisbus

TCandleSeries border

Post by nisbus » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:49 am

Hi,

How do I get rid of the border around the CandleSeries box?
I can do it in the editor at design time but I can't figure out how to do it at runtime.

Another thing I can't figure out is how to create a financial chart that has candles on one chart and volume data on another and still keep them in the same frame. Do I have to use two components for it or is there a way to split a chart into multiple charts? Is it maybe done with Axes?

nisbus

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:35 am

Hi nisbus,

How do I get rid of the border around the CandleSeries box?
I can do it in the editor at design time but I can't figure out how to do it at runtime.
You can do it using:

Code: Select all

Series1.Pen.Visible:=false;
Another thing I can't figure out is how to create a financial chart that has candles on one chart and volume data on another and still keep them in the same frame. Do I have to use two components for it or is there a way to split a chart into multiple charts? Is it maybe done with Axes?

Yes, you need to use custom axes to achieve that. You'll find more information at Tutorial 4 - Axis Control and examples at the new features demo, specially:
  • All Features\Welcome!\Axes\Persistent Custom Axes
    All Features\Welcome!\Axes\Opaque Zones
    All Features\Welcome!\Axes\Scrolling Multiple
    All Features\Welcome!\Axes\Multiple At Runtime
You'll find the demo and tutorials at TeeChart's program group.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

nisbus

Multiple axis problem

Post by nisbus » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:31 pm

Thanks for the help.

I managed to get the border off the candles so I'm pretty happy.

I started playing around with the custom axes and added a new axis feature to my charting app.

Everything seems to be working great with my new multiple axes until I move a custom axis to the OtherSide (using OtherSide = True)
When the custom axis is on the right side the chart doesn't automatically calculate the margin as it does for aRightAxis.
I need to set the margin of the chart to 30 while on the left side it only need to be 3. Any suggestions on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Also when I look at the demo of multiple axes you referred to there seems to be a separation line between the axes (horizontal line). I don't know how to make that line appear and the source code for the demo doesn't seem to make any special allowances for it to appear.

Thanks,
nisbus

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:00 am

Hi nisbus,
Everything seems to be working great with my new multiple axes until I move a custom axis to the OtherSide (using OtherSide = True)
When the custom axis is on the right side the chart doesn't automatically calculate the margin as it does for aRightAxis.
I need to set the margin of the chart to 30 while on the left side it only need to be 3. Any suggestions on the matter would be greatly appreciated.
It works fine for me here, you can try setting the margins units:

Code: Select all

Chart1.MarginUnits:=muPixels;
  Chart1.MarginLeft:=15;
  Chart1.MarginRight:=15;
Also when I look at the demo of multiple axes you referred to there seems to be a separation line between the axes (horizontal line). I don't know how to make that line appear and the source code for the demo doesn't seem to make any special allowances for it to appear.
You can use TColorLineTool for that. You'll find examples at All Features\Welcome!\Tools\Color Line in the features demo.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

nisbus

Multiple axis problem

Post by nisbus » Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:48 pm

Hi,

Thanks again,

I managed to use the colorline tool for creating a separator. It would be nice if you implemented a border for the TChartAxis because this makes for a lot of ugly coding.

The margin problem persists and I'm not really fond of setting the margins in code as the labels can be a lot longer than 15 pixels. Why not add a AdjustMargins function to the TChartAxis?

Another thing that would be helpful for the TChartAxis would be a SeriesCount function which would make it easier to detect whether the axis should stay if you delete a series ex.

OnSeriesDelete
if Axis.SeriesCount = 0 then
Axis.Free;

Thanks,
nisbus

P.S.
I've written a cool application using TeeChart and would like it to be listed on your list of "Who's using TeeChart".

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:59 am

Hi nisbus,
I managed to use the colorline tool for creating a separator. It would be nice if you implemented a border for the TChartAxis because this makes for a lot of ugly coding.
Ok, I added you request to our wish list to be considered for future releases. Would you like to be more specific on how would you like this border be?
The margin problem persists and I'm not really fond of setting the margins in code as the labels can be a lot longer than 15 pixels. Why not add a AdjustMargins function to the TChartAxis?
I can not reproduce the issue here using TeeChart Pro v7.07 VCL. Which TeeChart version are you using? Could you please send us an example we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here?
Another thing that would be helpful for the TChartAxis would be a SeriesCount function which would make it easier to detect whether the axis should stay if you delete a series ex.

OnSeriesDelete
if Axis.SeriesCount = 0 then
Axis.Free;
I added your request to our wish list to be considered for inclusion in future releases.
I've written a cool application using TeeChart and would like it to be listed on your list of "Who's using TeeChart".
Could you please send us the information you feel relevant so that we can review and consider it? Please send it at info@steema.com.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software