installation problem

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
ratoso

installation problem

Post by ratoso » Mon Mar 08, 2004 2:29 pm

Hello,

I have installed the TeeChart Pro version for BCB6 and I only launch BCB6 I have done nothing else ,and I have an error message:

Impossible to load the package : c:\program files\steema softwares\teechart 6.01 for cbuilder6\cbuilder6\bin\DCLTEE6C6.BPL
"%d" format is incorrect or incompatible with the argument.
Do you want to try to load again at the next loading?

And I have the same message for all the .bpl files it is always "%d"...
This is the messageWhat I'm doing wrong?I have let the automatic installation,I have not done it manually.I have get off the TCharts from the package options before.

I have tried many times and it is always the same error.

Please answer to me!!
I have looked at the forum, and at the support page and used the "search" but found nothing about the "%d" error. I have translate the error message from French.
I thank you very much in advance
Best regards
Patrick Artaud

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:08 pm

Hi Patrick,

most likely the problem is one of installed packages is still using old TeeChart v4 Standard (version shipped with BCB6) packages.

There are several possibilities:

1) The installation was not 100% successful. The solution is to manually install TeeChart v6 PRO for BCB 6. Basically, all you have to do is copy all files from Teechart v6 CBuilder6 folders to appropriate folders in Program Files\CBuilder6. Or alternatively, add TeeChart v6 CBuilder Include and Lib directories to BCB6 include and library path list. Make sure all the Stantard Teechart components has been removed from the Component List (in the IDE).

2) The installation was successful but there is another package that is still referencing old (Tee60) files. Possible packages are :

a) Quick Report. This is possible only if you installed Quick Report PRO (or the newest version of QR Standard) after you installed TeeChart v6 PRO for BCB6. The problem is all Quick Report versions are compiled with TeeChart v4 STANDARD (Tee60) files. The solution is to recompile TQRChart component files. Necessary files + instructions how to do it are located in TeeChart \CBuilder6\QuickReport\ directory.

b) Report Builder. The cause of problem is the same - RB was compiled with Tee60 files. The solution is to download and install Report Builder that supports TeeChart v6.X PRO for BCB6.

c) Decision Cube. This case applies only if you're using BCB 6 Enterprise Edition. The cause of problem is the same as in previous two cases. Again, the solution is to to recompile and reinstall Decision Cube packages manually or simply disable/remove the Decision Cube package. Instructions how to do this are included with TeeChart v6 installation (CBuilder6\DecisionCube\ directory).

d) Another 3rd party tool which uses TeeChart packages. Again, the solution is to recompile 3rd party tool packages with new TeeChart version. Usually each vendor includes instructions how to do this. If not, check with 3rd party tool vendor how to do it (apply patch file, TC6 specific installer, recompile sources, ...).

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Mon Mar 08, 2004 9:14 pm

Hi, Patrick.

Strange, so far nobody else reported this error. Are you using BCB 6 French version ? The it would be possible (although I doubt it) that your French version is reporting some errors with our (English) compiled packages. But I don't have the BCB6 French version to test it. Are you by any chance TeeChart source code customer ? If yes, then the easiest solution would be to compile/install TeeChart from sources.

Another possibility : Are you by any chance using another 3rd party tool which uses/references TeeChart packages ? If yes, try (temporary) disabling these packages (see Pep's reply in this thread).
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

ratoso

TeeChart installation problem

Post by ratoso » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:19 am

Hello,
Thank you for your answer to install TChart Pep,And no I have not the source code version Marjan,(I stil have not enough money!!).
This: "%d" is not correct or incompatible with argument -error message is strange.I see in my BCB6 it seems to have the good version (because TChart that I have placed on a TForm is not the same)and when I click on it to obtain the options it sends this message! and then if I click ok it closes my app!
Because I have try to install packages from steema directory.

DdTeeProStd6c6.bpl and DdTeePro6c6.bpl make this error the other bpl no.

I go to try to install the "Pep installation"
I thank you very much
Patrick
PS: excuse my English!