Using TFaderTool to bring a chart into view

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Keith

Using TFaderTool to bring a chart into view

Post by Keith » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:05 pm

Support,

Much like my question about smoothly animating a series, how can I smoothly fade in an entire chart from invisibility using the TFaderTool tool, without seeing the chart initially?

I set the Chart's Visible property to False and when I want to fade in the chart, I set the visible property to True and execute the fader, but the effect is not great, as the chart initially flashes when setting Visible to True, it then disappears and only then does the chart fade in. I have set the TFaderTool.InitialDelay to 0, but I still get the initial flash.

Any ideas on how to smoothly fade in the chart?

Regards,
Keith

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:01 pm

Hi Keith,

You can do as in the example at What's New?\Welcome!\New Chart Tools\Fader at the features demo. There you can edit the Fader tool and select the color you want to fade in from. You could use the same color as the color of your form.

You'll find the features demo at TeeChart's program group.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Keith

Post by Keith » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:37 pm

Narcis,

Thank you, but I'm afraid your demo exhibits the same 'flashing' behaviour I am trying to overcome. I already tried all your suggestions and a few others, but it does not help.

Just before the chart is faded in, you can see the 'normal' chart (for just a few milliseconds, but enough to detract from the smooth fade-in effect). I want to avoid this initial, 'normal', unfaded chart being displayed.

Regards,
Keith

Keith

Post by Keith » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:58 pm

Narcis,

Nevermind, your technique used in the demo seems to work okay- it flashes very briefly in your demo, but not in my software (I think its because I do not have much to display initially (not series are visible), so painting is much faster).

Thank you,
Keith