tQRChart in delphi 2007 TeeChart v8 and Quickreport v4

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Claus Nielsen

tQRChart in delphi 2007 TeeChart v8 and Quickreport v4

Post by Claus Nielsen » Tue Mar 04, 2008 1:14 pm

I have serious trouble getting the tQRChart component to work properly in the above configuration. I put the DclTeeQR4D11.bpl and the Tee8QR4D11.bpl (kindly compiled by Steema) in the directory ..TeeChart 8.02 for Delphi 2007\Delphi 11\Bin. In the IDE, I use the Component -> Install packages, press ADD and point to the DclTeeQR4D11.bpl in this directory. I now have the tQRChart component displayed in the Quickreport component list and everything looks fine. I open a new form, dump a Quickreport on it and add a tQRChart. Then the misery starts: When I view the form as text and then try to view it as a form again, I get the message: Error creating form, acces violation at address 20031726 in module 'rtl100.bpl' read of address 00000008.
- Am I doing something wrong here? The applications cannot run reports with a tQRChart as long as this error persists.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:43 pm

Hi Claus,

Does TQRChart work fine without displaying the form as text?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Claus Nielsen

Post by Claus Nielsen » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:15 pm

No! I make a simple project with 2 forms. On one form there is a button and on the other a quickreport with a TQRLabel. When I run the application and push the button, the caption is set to 'Hello world' and the form with the quickreport is displayed (with 'Hello world' displayed OK).

I then add a TQRChart to the quickreport and add a FastLineSeries (series1) - Nothing else! The application compiles fine, but when I try to run it, I get an EAccessViolation. It seems that the mere existence of the TQRChart makes application crash.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:36 am

Hi Claus,

I've seen in the instructions here it was a step left and I've added it as 24 (bis):

Copy the compiled file C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChart 7.12 for Delphi 2007\Delphi11\QuickReport\compiled\TeeQR711.bpl to you windows' system folder.

So for you, you should copy the file Tee8QR4D11.bpl to windows' system (system32) folder.

I think (and hope) this will solve your problem.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Claus Nielsen

Post by Claus Nielsen » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:11 pm

Hi Yeray,

Tried that, but without any improvements. When tracing the program during startup, I can see that it crashes somewhere in the code made by QuSoft. It happens in the Application.CreateForm(TForm..,Form..) procedure during startup, where the Form is the one with the QRReport and the TQRChart. Maybe it is the code from QuSoft that causes the error. The latest odd behaviour is that the TChart 8 for QuickReport 4 is automatically deselected from my list of design packages (and hence from the Tool Palette) when the IDE is opened. If I select it, the component reappears on the Tool Palette, but only until the IDE is closed.

Yeray
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Yeray » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:21 am

Hi Claus,

I've just tested again the files I sent to you and they worked fine here. Here's what I've done:

-Uninstall QuickReport
-Uninstall TeeChart
-Clean residual files and folders. (You can do it by searching "tee", "quick" and "qr" at system32 and rad studio directories and removing previous installation files carefully).
-Clean search and library paths at rad studio.

-Install and test QuickReport 4.07.
-Install and test TeeChart Pro 8.02.

Copy the compiled files I sent you:
-DclTee8QR4D11.bpl to rad studio's bin folder
-Tee8QR4D11.bpl to windows' system32 folder
-*.dcp and *.dcu to rad studio's lib folder

-Finally, open delphi 2007 and add the package DclTee8QR4D11.bpl from your rad studio's bin folder.

I recommend you to try the final steps, only verifying everything is where it should be and test it. And if still doesn't work, maybe you should start from the beginning of this instructions.
Best Regards,
ImageYeray Alonso
Development & Support
Steema Software
Av. Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia (SP)
Image Image Image Image Image Image Please read our Bug Fixing Policy

Claus Nielsen

Post by Claus Nielsen » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:18 pm

Hi Yeray,
I tried all that, and the slight improvement was that all components including the TQRChart installed OK and seem to be stable. I then make a simple project:

A main form (Form1) with a Tbutton on it (no code!).
A form (Form2 used by the main form) containing a TQuickRep with a TQRchart on it (no code!).

The application compiles without warnings, but when I try to run it, it comes up with a EAccessViolation. The problem occurs somewhere in the QuickRep unit whichs is triggered by the Application.CreateForm(TForm2,Form2) during startup. If the TQRChart is deleted from Form2, the application starts up fine. The TQRChart seems somehow to be incompatible with the QuickReport 4.07-version (?)...

Claus Nielsen

Post by Claus Nielsen » Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:34 pm

I now have the TQRChart available and stable. When I make a new simple project with a Quickreport and a TQRchart on it, it runs smoothly. The report is made with the new form style-report in Delphi 2007, and the application even runs fine, even when I add another Quickreport which was made using the formless style.
However, in a large application imported from delphi 7 and upgraded to 2007, I get an EaccesViolation in the Application.createfom (i.e. the report) if I try to incorporate a quickreport (fexactly the same report as used above). This application runs fine, if the TQRChart is omitted from the report. Same IDE, same search paths ... and yet a problem. The error occurs somewhere in the Quickrep unit from Qusoft ... any clues?

Claus Nielsen

Post by Claus Nielsen » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:00 pm

Mystery (partially) solved: For some reason Delphi 2007 does not upgrade Delphi 7 forms completely. If I make new forms in Delphi 2007 and copy the components from similar Delphi 7 forms to the new forms, then the TQreport with a TQRChart on it works fine. The code is the same, but delphi 2007 updates the components (new fancy button styles etc.). Why this works is beyond me, .. but it does!