General grid for multiple custom axes

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Petr

General grid for multiple custom axes

Post by Petr » Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:21 am

Hello, I'm using TeeChart .net 2012. I have to draw miltiple plots on a chart, and each of this plots must be drawn on specified axis. I use multiple custom vertical axes, everything's fine. Axis min, max, increment and minortickcount can be varied at runtime. Now i'm trying to make one general grid for each axi. Is there any way how to make it automaticaly? If no, can't you tell some aproach how it can be done(like use grid of one custom axis, and draw ticks on other axes at specified positions( grid lines)). Actualy in topic http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtop ... xis#p52753 on the pictures the view of axes labels and grid is exactly i need.

Petr

Re: General grid for multiple custom axes

Post by Petr » Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:34 pm

Well, i've realized that that is bad idea, and changed my mind, now i'd like to drow horizontal grid lines myself directly on the chart, and setting grid.visible to false for each custom axis. so, how can i draw line set directly on the chart? where can i find method like DrawLine(point1, point2)?

Or another approach i can use the grid of bottom axis, that i don't use, but i need to show only grid, not the axis, is it possible to do?

Sandra
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: General grid for multiple custom axes

Post by Sandra » Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:13 pm

Hello Petr,
Well, i've realized that that is bad idea, and changed my mind, now i'd like to drow horizontal grid lines myself directly on the chart, and setting grid.visible to false for each custom axis. so, how can i draw line set directly on the chart? where can i find method like DrawLine(point1, point2)?
I recommend you to draw a line directly in the canvas, do something as do in the link.
Or another approach i can use the grid of bottom axis, that i don't use, but i need to show only grid, not the axis, is it possible to do?
I am afraid it isn't possible, because the axis are related directly with the Chart Grid.

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Sandra Pazos / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum