Invalid Cast Exception Seen After Upgrade

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
RTEC

Invalid Cast Exception Seen After Upgrade

Post by RTEC » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:03 pm

Hello,

We recently updated TeeCharts from version 4.1.2012.7132 to 4.1.2012.1312.

After the upgrade we are seeing an Invalid Cast Exception thrown from within the TeeCharts dll (can not step through with the debugger) when assigning a System.Data.DataView to the "DataSource" property of a FastLine isntance.

The exception does not occur with the 4.1.2012.7132 version.

I wrote out the data behind the DataView via the "Table.WriteXML()" method. I will email the written out data to the steema sales email address. I will title the email "Casting Error Table".

See attached image (and note that m_eberMeasurementSeries is a FastLine instance).

Exception Details
System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Data.DataRowView' to type 'System.IConvertible'.
at System.Convert.ToDouble(Object value)
at Steema.TeeChart.Styles.Series.Add(IList list)
at Steema.TeeChart.Data.DataSeriesSource.AddFromGenericCollection(Series s, Object DataSource)
at Steema.TeeChart.Data.DataSeriesSource.TryRefreshData(Series s)
at Steema.TeeChart.Styles.Series.FillFromDataSource()
at Steema.TeeChart.Styles.Series.set_DataSource(Object value)
at RTEC.InspectionStation.Edge.Views.EBRResultsView.DefineSeriesDataSources() in d:\Eng\JMS\XTool_5.X_REL\InspectionStation\Source\Edge\Views\EBRResultsView.cs:line 2853
at RTEC.InspectionStation.Edge.Views.EBRResultsView.SetupEBRMeasurementsTChart() in d:\Eng\JMS\XTool_5.X_REL\InspectionStation\Source\Edge\Views\EBRResultsView.cs:line 347
at RTEC.InspectionStation.Edge.Views.EBRResultsView.HandleNewInspectionResults() in d:\Eng\JMS\XTool_5.X_REL\InspectionStation\Source\Edge\Views\EBRResultsView.cs:line 297
at RTEC.InspectionStation.Edge.Views.EBRResultsView.EdgeResultsDocChangedEventHandler(Object sender, DocChangeArgs args) in d:\Eng\JMS\XTool_5.X_REL\InspectionStation\Source\Edge\Views\EBRResultsView.cs:line 205
Last edited by RTEC on Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Christopher
Guru

Re: Invalid Cast Exception Seen After Upgrade

Post by Christopher » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:46 am

RTEC wrote: We recently updated TeeCharts from version 4.1.2012.7132 to 4.1.2012.1312.
Could you please check whether this problem occurs in the latest evaluation version available here?

Failing that, could you please post a Minimal, Complete, and Verifiable example [here] with which I can reproduce your issue here?
Best Regards,
Christopher Ireland / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Instructions - How to post in this forum