Discontinuous DateTime X axis points

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Jon

Discontinuous DateTime X axis points

Post by Jon » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:09 pm

I have points from 10am to 12pm, and then 2pm to 4pm, and also some whole days are missing (weekends, holidays, some others).

Right now, every day I get a long line from 12pm to 2pm. What I'd like to see is 2pm right next to 12pm, as if time just suddenly went from 12:00pm to 2:00pm.

I am using the native C# version of TeeChart

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:57 am

Hi.

One way to simulate this is to use the same trick we did in the "Remove weekends" example in TeeChart .NET demo. Especially, check the Candle_NoWeekends.cs unit. A similar approach can be used in your case.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

Jon

Post by Jon » Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:19 pm

just to verify my understanding of the code...

what is done here is you turn off dates, and then you add the X values as consecutive ints, and just relabel the points at the bottom to be the dates that are relevant.

Jon

Post by Jon » Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:30 pm

this solution is not satisfactory as if i have 2 series sharing an axis, their numbers wont match up if their 'off' times do not match.

any other ideas?

ideally, i could just add points and tell the axis to not use the mandatory axis to not use the values to position, but to use the order they were added in (or their position in an array after sorting) as their location on the axis.