Stretching specific areas of a TChart's axis.

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
tmitch

Stretching specific areas of a TChart's axis.

Post by tmitch » Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:12 pm

Hi TChart,

I was wondering if there is a way to stretch a specific portion of a TChart's axis?

For example, if the X axis of a TChart has a minimum of 0.0 and a maximum of 10.0, and the entire axis is 100 pixels long, you would expect there to be exactly 10 pixels between each interval.

What I would like to do is stretch a certain portion of the X axis. Following the above example, suppose I wanted to make the space between the fifth and sixth interval twice as long as the spaces between the other intervals, so that there are exactly 20 pixels between the fifth and sixth intervals, but still only 10 pixels between the other intervals? (The total length of the axis would then be 110 pixels long).

Basically, I'm trying to magnify a specifc area of the TChart, and have the Axes reflect this magnification.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,
Tim Mitchell

Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Wed Feb 16, 2005 7:11 am

Hi.

I'm afraid this feature is not supported. While you can define non-equidistant intervals for axis labels (by using custom labels) you cannot stretch part of (already drawn) axis.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

tmitch

Post by tmitch » Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:51 pm

Bummer.

Is there a way to create a custom axis with the ticks labelled differently?

For example, if the ticks are at 0.0, 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0, is there a way I could re-label 3.0 to say 2.5?

This way, I think I might be able to fake the appearance of a specific interval with more space between it.

Thanks in advance,
Tim Mitchell

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:24 pm

Hi Tim
Is there a way to create a custom axis with the ticks labelled differently?
Yes, you can use custom axis labels, as in the example you can see in the Demo Features project under :
What's New -> Welcome ! -> New Features -> Chart -> Axes -> Custom Labels.
For example, if the ticks are at 0.0, 1.0, 2.0, and 3.0, is there a way I could re-label 3.0 to say 2.5?
You can also change the Axis labels using :

Code: Select all

line1.Labels[3] = "2.5";