Failed to create an instance of 'Steema.TeeChart.TChart'

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Alec

Failed to create an instance of 'Steema.TeeChart.TChart'

Post by Alec » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:44 am

I have Delphi 8 patch 3 installed, no Visual Studio.NET.
Purchased a copy of TeeChart 7 for .NET last night,
downloaded the 2/14/2005 release, and saw an error about Toolbox during installation of TeeChart 7 for .NET.
Delphi 8 refuses to compile my licenses.licx to *.exe.licenses,
so when I turned to lc.exe of .NET Framework SDK 1.1,
I found this: (the licenses.licx was copiled from TeeChart one of licx files)
(sorry for the chinese exception message, it's telling something like "Failed to create an instance of Steema.TeeChart.Chart, and failed to authorize a valid license to Steema.TeeChart.Chart")

Microsoft (R) .NET License Compiler
[Microsoft .Net Framework, Version 1.1.4322.2032]
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1998-2002. All rights reserved.

Processing complist 'licenses.licx'...
licenses.licx(1) : info LC0001 : Processing component entry 'Steema.TeeChart.Chart, TeeChart'
licenses.licx(1) : info LC0002 : Resolved entry to 'Steema.TeeChart.Chart, TeeChart, Version=1.1.1864.22788, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=9c8126276c77bdb7'
licenses.licx(1) : error LC0004 : Exception occured creating type 'System.ComponentModel.LicenseException'
Complete Error Message:
System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: 正在建立型別 'Steema.TeeChart.Chart' 的執行個體,且無法授與型別 'Steema.TeeChart.Chart' 有效的授權。如需詳細資訊,請與
元件製造商聯繫。
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.CreateWithContext(Type type, LicenseContext creationContext, Object[] args)
at System.ComponentModel.LicenseManager.CreateWithContext(Type type, LicenseContext creationContext)
at System.Tools.LicenseCompiler.Main(String[] args)
licenses.licx(2) : info LC0001 : Processing component entry 'Steema.TeeChart.TChart, TeeChart'
licenses.licx(2) : error LC0003 : Unabled to resolve type 'Steema.TeeChart.TChart, TeeChart'
licenses.licx(3) : info LC0001 : Processing component entry 'Steema.TeeChart.Web.WebChart, TeeChart'
licenses.licx(3) : error LC0003 : Unabled to resolve type 'Steema.TeeChart.Web.WebChart, TeeChart'
Creating Licenses file trendrules.exe.licenses...

Alec

Post by Alec » Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:16 am

My mistake on the TeeChart version:
the version I purchased is TeeChart Pro .NET 1.0.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:10 am

Hi Alec,

Yes, we are aware of this. There seems to be a problem in Delphi 8 IDE because it works in Delphi 2005. This error prevents TeeChart for .NET from being compiled.

We are working in a solution to this problem but don't expect to find one quickly.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Alec

Post by Alec » Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:15 pm

Well, according to the exception with lc.exe (which is a license compiler come with .NET Framework, not come with Delphi 8/2005), I wonder if it is not the sake of Delphi 8...

I guess that TeeChart for .NET depending on something provided only by VS.NET 2003/Delphi 2005. Anyway, I got a quick solution with TeeChart ActiveX Pro 6.

My suggestion to test if this problem is solved, is install a copy of TeeChart for .NET on a machine with .NET Framework 1.1 SDK installed (no Delphi 8/2005, nor VS.NET 200x), gacutil -i *.dll (where *.dll are TeeChart assemblies), and lc /v some Licenses.licx files come with TeeChart for .NET. When the issue is solved, there should show no errors/exceptions on the console.

Thanks, and hope there will come a solution soon.

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Fri Feb 18, 2005 12:44 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the information. We are investigating the problem. In the meantime please let me suggest 2 options so that you can continue to use TeeChart:

- Please use the registration utility placed on the customer download page to install (and hence confirm) that the registry license key is correctly installed on your pc.

if that still doesn't resolve the issue:

- Please install the prior version of TeeChart NET (also linked on the customer download page), dated as November 2004. The differences between versions are very few but the November version doesn't include the new style licensing support and therefore shouldn't generate any .licx problems

We're working to resolve the main issue to provide a definitive solution as soon as possible.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support