TeeChart 7: problems during installation

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Marjan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marjan » Fri Apr 16, 2004 6:19 am

Hi.

Yes, we're aware of this problem. Even if you try to register dlls manually by calling gacutil /i yourdll, the tool comes back with a "bad strong name" error. We'll fix this and post udated installers shortly.
Marjan Slatinek,
http://www.steema.com

baeckerg

Installation problem

Post by baeckerg » Tue Apr 20, 2004 7:17 am

Any idea when the fix will be available? I have the same problem and cannot use the version I bought yesterday?

Regards
Gernot

baeckerg

Post by baeckerg » Tue Apr 20, 2004 8:40 am

I just tried to buildthe packages from the sources in Delphi 8.Net.

Building is not an issue - works like a charm. Even the compiled LITE version can be installed without any issue.

The problem is to install the VCL.Design package. This results in telling me that it is not an assembly - Can you provide me with any help here? I need TeeChart rather urgently in a project.

Regards
Gernot

Little Mike

Post by Little Mike » Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:31 pm

I've been waiting a month already and no happiness. What's the deal?
Cheers

-- Mike

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Tue Apr 27, 2004 10:16 pm

Hello,

Apologies for the delay with getting a reply to you for this issue. It is being checked through and a solution will be offered shortly. We'll send more news to this thread.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Little Mike

Still no joy

Post by Little Mike » Mon May 17, 2004 1:22 pm

Well, it's been yet another month and still no new installer. My idea of "shortly" differs from yours.

Any status on the new installers for Delphi 8? I paid for this months ago and still do not have a usable product.

Thanks,

baeckerg

Delphi 8

Post by baeckerg » Wed Jun 02, 2004 5:52 am

I have to support Little Mike - is there any activity going on at all to resolve this issue? As far as I can seen this is unresolved since several months. :x

I would appreciate more open communication with your customers. :(

I look forward to receive some good news in the near future

Gernot

baeckerg

DISAPPOINTED

Post by baeckerg » Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:29 am

Dear all,

I must say that I am seriously disappointed by the lack of information and lack of support for your loyal customers. It leaves a very bad taste that you do not come forward with any real and realistic information regarding the support for Delphi 8.

I consider it misleading that you advertise a Delphi 8 version despite the fact that you know it does not work. And it appears that there is no real interest on your side to rectify this situation.

I have received the following email dated 27-April-2004:
8O -------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Gernot,

Thank you for your message.

David Berneda who is responsible for looking into this issue, will post an status information message today to the Forum thread.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Now we are 6 weeks down the road without any details.

Sorry guys, but this is a real disappointment. :( :( :(

Gernot

baeckerg

One more week

Post by baeckerg » Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:08 am

- and still no response. You become a very bad example of customer relation

:evil: :( :?:

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:03 am

Hi to all,

sorry for delay !
I'll contact with all of you, directly to your mail address to give you a link where you can download a workable version.

Pep
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pep » Tue Jun 15, 2004 11:25 am

Hi,

could you (all) send me yours mail address to my mail (pep@steema.com) so I can contact directly with you ?

GG

TeeChart 7: problems during installation

Post by GG » Tue Jun 15, 2004 1:05 pm

Why a private download?. It seems that this concerned more than the participants to this forum. After installing TChart 7 for Delphi 8, I have an error message every time I start delphi 8:

Failed to load C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChartPro7vcl.net\Steema.TeeChart.VCL.Design.dll.
C:\Program Files\Steema Software\TeeChartPro7vcl.net\Steema.TeeChart.VCL.Design.dll is not a Delphi package/assembly

and this is with a "regular" (ie not a demo) version of both delphi and TeeChart

Gerard Garreau

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:28 pm

Hello,

Apologies for delays in getting a complete solution to you on these issues. Some aspects of the problems have been harder to identify than initially expected.

As a summary, a few issues related to the installer that have caused problems are:

GAC issues when building from sources
- The gacutil registry entry the installer is looking for does not exist in all installed machines and in some instances the compiler reports that it can't find a strong name key. Adding the assemblies to the GAC is not obligatory so we recommend adding assemblies manually to Delphi 8 via the "Component -> Installed NET components -> NET VCL components" menu.

In the case of installation of the binary version:
- Some customers have reported that after completely removing Delphi 8 from the machine, including all patches, and then re-installing everything including TeeChart (without the gacutil step) the installation worked correctly. We suspect there may have been an issue with an early Borland patch that caused the problem. Repeating the above steps inhouse gave the same results.

We expect to make an update version available shortly to help resolve the issues outlined above.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Little Mike

Can't argue with success

Post by Little Mike » Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:55 pm

OK now. Worked with PEP to get this issue resolved, and I have seemingly got it resolved now.

Here's what I did to resolve the issue:

1. Uninstall Delphi 8 completely. Yes, I know. I didn't like it either. But you can't argue with success.

2. Reinstall Delphi 8 from Diskette Package. Then apply BOTH I repeat BOTH patches, Upgrade 1 and Upgrade 2. I DID NOT DO THIS ORIGINALLY BECAUSE I THOUGHT THE PATCHES WERE CUMULATIVE. This may in fact be the cause of the issue but not sure.

3. Do not install any other components, Rave, Component One, nothing.

4. Install TChart 7. If necessary, manually add the DLL's to Delphi (not the GAC) by menu->Components->.NET VCL Components->Add and path to the ...Design.DLL.

5. This worked for me. Good luck. Your situation may be different so I make no guarantees.

Cheers