problem upgrading a project from TeeChart .NET2 to TeeChart3

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Innervations

problem upgrading a project from TeeChart .NET2 to TeeChart3

Post by Innervations » Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:32 pm

I have been using TeeChart.NET2 for the past 12 months with really good success. Having just updated to Visual Studio 2008 I installed TeeChart.NET3 yesterday. Unfortunately I am not having any success in getting my project to load in VS2008. I get the error:

An instance of type 'Steema.TeeChart' was being created, and a valid license could not be granted for the type 'Steema.TeeChart'. Please, contact the manufacturer of the component for more information.

I have read through the various postings on this forum and the tutorials have taken the following actions:
1) added the file 'Utils\Licenses.Licx' to the project - did not resolve problem
2) as also suggested in tutorial 17 I tried to drag and drop the TeeChart component onto the form but VS2008 reported a long error message the start of which was:

Failed to create component 'TChart'. The error message follows: 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004D745): A reference to the component 'TeeChart' already exists in the project, at ....

3) I check the registry as per tutorial 17 and the correct entry

"DesignKeyV3 REG-SZ Steema.TeeChart.TChart is a licensed component." is listed.

Is it not possible to update the TeeChart component in my exisitng project or do I have to remove it first and then start again with the new one? Is there something else I can try.

Any and all assistance greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Rob

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:30 pm

Hi Rob,

There are a few thinks you should check here:

1. Make sure that licenses.licx is built as an embedded resource in your project as told in tutorial 17.

2. Reset your machine's AssemblyFolders entry as told here.

3. Check if the NetDemo project shipped with the installation compiles fine at your end.

4. Check if invalidating DesignKeyV3 on your machine, as Marc described here, makes any difference.

5. You could also use TeeRegister tool, available at the client area, to make sure the design time license is properly installed on your machine.

Hope this helps!
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Innervations

Post by Innervations » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:09 am

Hi Narcís,

Thanks very much for replying so quickly. I tried all of your suggestions without success I am afraid. I then proceeded to remove the reference to TeeChart from my project. I then put it back and I was then able to drag and drop TeeChart components onto my forms. Had to setup all the chart propoerties again and tidy up a few things but have it running fine now.

The TeeChart .NET V3 looks great!

Thanks again.
Rob

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:30 am

Hi Rob,

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that!
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Amol
Advanced

Re: problem upgrading a project from TeeChart .NET2 to TeeChart3

Post by Amol » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:16 am

Thanks for your Support.

Actually my project is on 4.5 framework. So I have to use 4.5 dll of Tee chart as you mentioned in your earlier mail.

But in my Tee chart installation folder only 4.0 dll is coming. So How can we get a 4.5 dll kindly suggest.

I suppose Tee chart is also available for .net 4.5 framework with 64 bit support ..

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: problem upgrading a project from TeeChart .NET2 to TeeChart3

Post by Narcís » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:50 am

Hello Amol,
Amol wrote:I suppose Tee chart is also available for .net 4.5 framework with 64 bit support ..
Yes, it is.
Amol wrote:I suppose Tee chart is also available for .net 4.5 framework with 64 bit support ..
Given than it looks like you are using TeeChart for .NET v2012 you may need to update your license to v2014 to get access to .NET Framework 4.5 assemblies. Look at the customer download area if there's a version available newer than the version you use. Otherwise you'll need to upgrade your license or renew your subscription. For further sales assistance please contact with our Sales Dept. at sales at steema dot com.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software