Does TeeTree come with a grid?

TeeTree VCL for Borland Delphi and C++ Builder.
Bugsie

Does TeeTree come with a grid?

Post by Bugsie » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:52 am

I have just stated looking at TeeTree and please excuse me if this question is too stupid -- I just cannot find this out in the documentation or examples

I am trying to replace an existing Tree in my app, in my case i need a tree with a grid (like a StringGrid) that gets expanded with the children, in my case this can have a large number of columns -- but I cannot tell if the ability to have something like StringGrid colums is available with TeeTree or not.

tom
Advanced

Post by tom » Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:46 am

Hi,

I'm not sure what you are looking for: do you want a tree in a grid or a tree which can have a node as a grid.

I can tell you what is possible with teeTree:

1) There is a node which is a 'Grid Shape': A Grid shape is a bi-dimensional array of normal shapes. Each grid cell is a node, fully customizable.

2) Through some code You can attach controls to the nodes of a tree. (But this is probably not such a good approach in your case ie large stringgrid)

So you see, some things are possible, but the behavior/functionality you require is something you only know yourself. I suggest to try-out the tree (evaluation version) with the above options and check if that is what you are looking for. (Also know that if you are a TeeChart Pro customer, you already have the teeTree sources)

Best Regards,
tom.

Bugsie

Post by Bugsie » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:17 am

Thanks tom,
I will have another try at it. Being newbie at TeeTree I need to get my head around it. It looks great, but I am not sure if it is going to do what I want.

What I want is an advanced string grid where each row of the grid is controlled by a tree like control (+) and (-) ie. the rows displayed with the node in the tree control (one tree node is one grid row)

I have a 3rd part tool ( Dream InfoTreeGrid from www.dream-com.com ) that does this, except that it is no longer supported by the vendor and i am looking for a replacment. --

Cheers
Bugsie

tom
Advanced

Post by tom » Thu Nov 16, 2006 4:35 pm

Hi Bugsie,

Have a look at the teeTree demo application, particular at demo:

Welcome -> Custom Shapes -> Grid Shape -> Multi-column

It displays a tree in which each node is a grid with 1 row and several columns.

Of course, this still doesn't say it behaves the same/has the same functionality as the 3rd party component which you are using at the moment.

Regards,
Tom