Freeze on startup

TeeTree VCL for Borland Delphi and C++ Builder.
JohnH

Freeze on startup

Post by JohnH » Mon Apr 30, 2007 9:56 pm

When I start a C++ Builder project that has a TeeTree on a form visible in the designer, it takes several seconds to refresh. The screens is locked up for those seconds. This behavior also appears when the compiled application starts. Is there a property that needs to be turned off? Could this be an installation problem?

tom
Advanced

Post by tom » Tue May 01, 2007 2:28 pm

This is weird. I haven't seen this issue before.

JohnH

Post by JohnH » Tue May 01, 2007 2:42 pm

As it turns out it is related to the default printer being located across a network and not available. TeeTree defaults to locating printers on startup and has to time out if the printer is not available. Any way to disable this behavior in both TeeTree and TeeTreeEdit?

tom
Advanced

Post by tom » Thu May 03, 2007 9:01 pm

I'm not sure, but I think this is not that simple.
TeeTree uses the printers.pas unit. If something in this file is causing the issue, then it won't be easy to fix. (You can change the default printer, but I don't think this is a solution to your problem)

What you can try is setting the TTree.Page.UsePrinter to False. Default this is set to true. If set to true, then the page dimensions of the printer are retrieved and used. It might be that this triggers the timeout.

Regards,
Tom