Support for huge organiastional charts or huge trees?

TeeTree VCL for Borland Delphi and C++ Builder.
achristouio

Support for huge organiastional charts or huge trees?

Post by achristouio » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:25 am

How do I use TeeTree to make eg. descendants charts (for genealogical display) that might on a printer be made of lets say 200 pages wide and 2 pages high on A4 paper or the same width but fewer pages on a A0 printer.

Printing person information takes some space :-) if presented side by side.

But, the x- and y-coordinates seems not be longints, or doubles.

Any chance that a third plotting layer should be taken into use, a world coordinate where x- an y-coordinates are doubles in arbitrary units, like meter, cm, inch or whatever.

(I miss this in the tChart too as stated in a message earlier where I ask for support that the Borland Pascal 7 based Whitewater Object Graphics did introduce which make plotting far easier to transport and program since plotting is done in real coordinate systems, not in pixels.
The problem of printing is then just a transform from the worlds upper left corner into the printer or screen space.

tom
Advanced

Post by tom » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:23 pm

Hi,

Have you looked at the pages functionality? But this functionality might not solve your issues, since you are looking for a very long canvas. I'm wondering do you really need such a long canvas? Perhaps another solution be more useful? Ie browsing through 200 pages might be something which some users wouldn't like to do.

Regards,
Tom

achristouio

Post by achristouio » Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:33 am

Tom wrote:Hi,

Have you looked at the pages functionality? But this functionality might not solve your issues, since you are looking for a very long canvas. I'm wondering do you really need such a long canvas? Perhaps another solution be more useful? Ie browsing through 200 pages might be something which some users wouldn't like to do.

Regards,
Tom
It is primarily for wall presentations.

One presentation I made with a program made by help of Object grapfhics in Borland Pascal v. 7, was 22 m wide presenting 5 generations with descendants. Such huge presentations aid people in a family reunion to find how they relates to others.

Of course, they could be made more narrow decreasing font size, but then everyone need a microscope to read who the persons are. :-) (If you are unlucky, the ancestor had 10 children all of which had 10 children all of which had 10 children etc. Even three generations would then present a huge printout. :-)