It is possible

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Mike Jones
Advanced

It is possible

Post by Mike Jones » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:59 pm

It is possible to check to make sure Int.Max and Int.Min are not passed in, but I still believe that the TeeChart.dll Control should handle this gracefully. a colleague and I spent about 5 hours each trying to find this problem because our application was crashing.

We usually do not have the TeeChart source code running in our development environment. This issue was difficult to track down because it was an area were we have some multi-threading going on. We were suspicious that this threading was causing a problem. Come to find out it had nothing to do with the threading and it was in the TeeChart.dll.

I would like to request that valid values should be tested prior to calling any System.Drawing.Graphics methods and to add the catch block to the Steema.TeeChart.Draw(Graphics g) method.

This will avoid some nasty exceptions and unnecessary time debugging by users of TeeChart.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:02 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information. Ok, I've added your request to our wish-list to be considered for inclusion in next TeeChart releases.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum