colorgrid + centeredpoints : displaying small data

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
yves bourgeois

colorgrid + centeredpoints : displaying small data

Post by yves bourgeois » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:06 pm

Hi Narcis,

I just found something strange, when using the centeredpoints property with a colorgrid.

I noticed that you always subtract 0.5 from the given value, to simulate the centeredpoints property. This, however, gives a wrong effect when the values are small, and close to each other.

This is easily seen when you add values to such a colorgrid with values like 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, etc. This will result in a chart which has its values at 1.6 (2.1 - 0.5), 1.7, 1.8, etc. This makes that the chart we get does not represent that data we have entered.

Do you think that next maintenance release, due somewhere in may, will contain a solution for this?

kind regards,

yves

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:41 am

Hi yves,

I've added this issue (TF02013011) to the defect list to be reviewed for next releases.

Anyway, series data is correct, the only problem may be with axes labels but a workaround could be implementing GetAxisLabel event like this:

Code: Select all

void tChart1_GetAxisLabel(object sender, Steema.TeeChart.GetAxisLabelEventArgs e)
		{
			double tmp = Convert.ToDouble(e.LabelText);
			e.LabelText = (tmp + 0.5).ToString();
		}
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum