getmarktext not triggering for every value in series

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
dsoballe

getmarktext not triggering for every value in series

Post by dsoballe » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:24 pm

I am using TeeChart Pro v2020.30 32bit VCL. I have an application that worked just fine with an older version (TeeChart Pro v2011.03.30407 Win32), but in this version (Delphi Rio 10.3) the marks on a line series have an issue - When I have more than about 500 values in the series, The OngetMarkText event handler not called for every point. With 1100 points, it is only being called on every third point in the series (discovered this by capturing the ValueIndex on Each call). If I zoom in on a segment of the line series so that less than about 100 are visible, then OnGetMarkText is called as expected, i.e., for each and every point in the series that is displayed (overlapping or not) and the series marks also appear as expected (some overlapping etc). I've tried automatic positioning (on and off), different fonts, different margins without success. There is apparently some sort of series size limit and "trimming" performed before the OnGetMarkText event is triggered. Any work-around or other suggestion greatly appreciated.

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: getmarktext not triggering for every value in series

Post by Marc » Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:23 am

Hello,

Default behaviour may have changed between versions. TeeChart now checks for Marks that will fit and reduces the Draws accordingly.

You can disable that behaviour via:

Code: Select all

Series1.CalcVisiblePoints := False;
Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

dsoballe

Post by dsoballe » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:41 pm

Marc wrote:
Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:23 am
Hello,

Default behaviour may have changed between versions. TeeChart now checks for Marks that will fit and reduces the Draws accordingly.

You can disable that behaviour via:

Code: Select all

Series1.CalcVisiblePoints := False;
Regards,
Marc Meumann
Many thanks, I'll give that a shot.

dsoballe

Post by dsoballe » Sat Jun 27, 2020 7:40 pm

That did the trick - thanks again for your help. I'm kind of surprised this series property does not seem to appear anywhere in the object inspector or in the series editor