New release for Version 2

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
ALindenthal

New release for Version 2

Post by ALindenthal » Thu Dec 22, 2005 8:53 am

Hello,

I saw there is a new release for version 1. But where is the offical new release for version 2, which supports fully (although) installation VS 2005.

Is the support of the older versions more im important.

Best regards

Andreas

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:43 am

Hi Andreas,

We are finishing next TeeChart for .NET v2 maintenance release with the VS.NET 2005 installer included. We expect it to be ready before the end of this week. For more information please be aware at those forums.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:37 am

Hi Andres,

TeeChart for .NET v2 maintenance release, including a Microsoft .NET v2.0 Framework build version, was published yesterday as announced here.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

ALindenthal

Post by ALindenthal » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:19 pm

After installing the new version I got this error message when I open the designer with a teechart inside :

Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'Steema.TeeChart.Styles.StringList'.

at Steema.TeeChart.Import.Imports.DeserializeFrom(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at Steema.TeeChart.Chart..ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)

After compiling the new version I got this error message :

Error 6 The "GenerateResource" task failed unexpectedly.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Type in the data at line 311, position 5, cannot be loaded because it threw the following exception during construction: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'Steema.TeeChart.Styles.StringList'. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Type in the data at line 311, position 5, cannot be loaded because it threw the following exception during construction: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'Steema.TeeChart.Styles.StringList'. Line 311, position 5. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'Steema.TeeChart.Styles.StringList'.
at Steema.TeeChart.Import.Imports.DeserializeFrom(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
at Steema.TeeChart.Chart..ctor(SerializationInfo info, StreamingContext context)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Build.Shared.ExceptionHandling.RethrowUnlessFileIO(Exception e)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ProcessResourceFiles.ProcessFile(String inFile, String outFile)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ProcessResourceFiles.Run(TaskLoggingHelper log, ITaskItem[] assemblyFilesList, ArrayList inputs, ArrayList outputs, Boolean sourcePath, String language, String namespacename, String filename, String classname, Boolean publicClass)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.GenerateResource.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteTask(ExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Hashtable projectItemsAvailableToTask, BuildPropertyGroup projectPropertiesAvailableToTask, Boolean& taskClassWasFound) Diagrams

What should I do ? I can't use my diagrams anymore.

Best regards

Andreas

Christopher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Christopher » Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:41 pm

Hi Andreas,

Are you upgading a VS2003 project with teechart to VS2005 or are you creating a new VS2005 project?

Is there any way you can send us a series of steps or some code that we can use here to reproduce your problem?

Many thanks!!
Thank you!

Christopher Ireland (Steema crew)
Please be aware of the newsgroup archives:
http://www.teechart.net/support/search.php
http://groups.google.com
http://codenewsfast.com/

ALindenthal

Post by ALindenthal » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:17 pm

Hello Christopher,

it is an upgraded VS2003 project. But I used before the Teechart Version 2.0.2040.15119 and it worked.
Now after installing the new version it got these message.
When I create a new teechart I d'ont have these problems.

I will look if I can send you a part of the code but it is not so easy.

Best regards

Andreas

Christopher
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Christopher » Mon Jan 09, 2006 3:33 pm

Hello,

May I suggest that you have a look in your code, including the code in the InitializeComponent() method, for any reference to the Steema.TeeChart.Styles.Series.Labels property. Try commenting out such code to see if you still get the same problems.
Thank you!

Christopher Ireland (Steema crew)
Please be aware of the newsgroup archives:
http://www.teechart.net/support/search.php
http://groups.google.com
http://codenewsfast.com/

ALindenthal

Post by ALindenthal » Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:53 pm

Hello,

I have found the problem. Something was wrong with the .resx file. After replacing the setting .Chart it works now.

I don't know why it works before, because I moved the project to VS2005 before 2 month.

Best regards

Andreas

Detlef

Can't Upgrade

Post by Detlef » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:33 pm

I want to upgrade from VS2003 to VS2005.

The error message I got is:

The "GenerateResource" task failed unexpectedly.
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Type in the data at line 170, position 5, cannot be loaded because it threw the following exception during construction: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'Steema.TeeChart.Styles.ColorList'. ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Type in the data at line 170, position 5, cannot be loaded because it threw the following exception during construction: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'Steema.TeeChart.Styles.ColorList'. Line 170, position 5. ---> System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'Steema.TeeChart.Styles.ColorList'.

at Microsoft.Build.Shared.ExceptionHandling.RethrowUnlessFileIO(Exception e)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ProcessResourceFiles.ProcessFile(String inFile, String outFile)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.ProcessResourceFiles.Run(TaskLoggingHelper log, ITaskItem[] assemblyFilesList, ArrayList inputs, ArrayList outputs, Boolean sourcePath, String language, String namespacename, String filename, String classname, Boolean publicClass)
at Microsoft.Build.Tasks.GenerateResource.Execute()
at Microsoft.Build.BuildEngine.TaskEngine.ExecuteTask(ExecutionMode howToExecuteTask, Hashtable projectItemsAvailableToTask, BuildPropertyGroup projectPropertiesAvailableToTask, Boolean& taskClassWasFound) DowntimeManager.v2.0

I also change the teechart version!

The version of teechart under VS2003 is 1.1.1499.42325.
The version of teechart under VS2005 is 2.0.2179.21172.
Any ideas?

Thanks for all Detlef

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:44 pm

Hi Detlef,
This version you are using is about one year old. Could you please download the latest maintenance release, we posted last week, from the client area and test if this solves your problem?

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Detlef

Post by Detlef » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:11 pm

narcis wrote:Hi Detlef,
This version you are using is about one year old. Could you please download the latest maintenance release, we posted last week, from the client area and test if this solves your problem?

Thanks in advance.
Hi all!

I installed the new Version (2.0.2511.18118) and it's still the same.

Well I think, there is a problem reading the teechart properties out of the resx - file. The properties are saved as a binery stream. The new version can't read these stream.

Is it possible to save the properties not as binery?
Or is there an other solution?

Thanks for all

Detlef

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Thu Nov 23, 2006 2:44 pm

Hi Detlef,

Could you please send us a simple example we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here?

You can post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup.

Thanks in advance.

BTW: Have you tried what ALindenthal suggested in his last post?
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Detlef

Post by Detlef » Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:11 pm

narcis wrote:Hi Detlef,

Could you please send us a simple example we can run "as-is" to reproduce the problem here?

You can post your files at news://www.steema.net/steema.public.attachments newsgroup.

Thanks in advance.

BTW: Have you tried what ALindenthal suggested in his last post?
Hi all!

I've three application. At two of these application I've no problem. Only one makes this problem.

I read the last post of ALindenthal, but I don't know exactly what he means.

What do you need exactly? If I made a simple example, everything works fine !?

Hope of your ideas!

Thanks Detlef

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Nov 24, 2006 11:56 am

Hi Detlef,

Whith versions changes new objects are added to .resx file. Just try removing Steema.TeeChart.Styles.ColorList references from the .resx file that produces the error.
Best Regards,
Steema Software