Installation problems

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Leo

Installation problems

Post by Leo » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:16 pm

Hi,

Just installed v7 std in Delphi 7 Pro. Upon startup of Delphi I get an error telling me something like : "Cannot load package Tee77, it contains TeeAbout contained in pacage tee70.

During installation there was a message telling me to backup some files, but no can do as I didn't know what files were referred:(

Any hint on how to solve this?

Sorry if I missed some obvious hint in a readme.txt or similar.

regards,
Leo

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Mar 07, 2006 2:37 pm

Hi Leo,

This error means that Delphi 7 is still referencing its default TeeChart packages. The "backup" message you saw in the installation asked you to remove and backup those packages before installing TeeChart v7.

To solve that you need to go at Project\Options\Packages and disable Delphi 7 default TeeChart packages (tee70.bpl). Then enable all TeeChart v7 packages present on this list.

After that go to Project\Options\Directories/Conditionals\Search Path and check that, on TOP of that list, there are new TeeChart version Bin and Lib paths.

Finally you can check the left-bottom "Default" checkbox and accept changes.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Leo

Post by Leo » Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:06 pm

Hi,

I have no tee70.bpl (or dcltee70.bpl) under Project\Options\Packages. I guess I did have before I installed the ver7. I suspect it was removed during the installation?!?

Anyway, I found tee70.bpl under the system32 dir, renamed it and restarted Delphi. Regarding TChart ver7 all seems to be fine now, but got some errors loading some Developer Express Printing packages now. I guess these are version spesific?!? I do not need them right now, but would you happen to know how to solve this? Do I need to contact Developer Express?

Thanks,
Leo

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:45 am

Hi Leo,
I have no tee70.bpl (or dcltee70.bpl) under Project\Options\Packages. I guess I did have before I installed the ver7. I suspect it was removed during the installation?!?
Yes, most likely that they were removed and a backup wasn't made during the installation.
Anyway, I found tee70.bpl under the system32 dir, renamed it and restarted Delphi. Regarding TChart ver7 all seems to be fine now, but got some errors loading some Developer Express Printing packages now. I guess these are version spesific?!? I do not need them right now, but would you happen to know how to solve this? Do I need to contact Developer Express?
Could you please post the exact error messages you get so that we can try to identify what is exactly causing them? That way we will be able to identify if they are TeeChart related or not.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Leo

Post by Leo » Thu Mar 09, 2006 7:46 pm

Hi,

I'm not able to enable the packages that caused the error. The error had to do with at least this package from Developer Express (dxPSDBTeeChartD7.bpl). I guess this package has do with the ExpressPrintingSystem from DevEx for the TChart that is included in D7.

Please tell me if you need more info.

regards,
Leo

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:02 am

Hi Leo,

We have been aware of ExpressPrinting System problems recently. If I'm not wrong, DevExpress components use Delphi's default TeeChart version and thus the conflict when changing TeeChart's version. We are investigating and trying to solve those issues. I'll get back to you when I have further news.

However, in the meantime, if you don't need DevExpress components for the projects where you use TeeChart, you could disable them and try to enable TeeChart.

Thanks for your patience and collaboration.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:09 pm

Hi Leo,

We found that ExpressPrinting System uses TeeChart v4.04 Standard packages (shipped with Delphi). The issue is because when installing TeeChart v7, Delphi TeeChart references change to the new version and ExpressPrinting still references the old packages.

To solve that you should be able to change ExpressPrinting TeeChart references to TeeChart v7 and recompile the packages. Something similar as what needs to be done for new versions of QuickReport, which is explained in that article.

You may want to contact DevExpress support to get that package sources or for instructions on how to update the references.
Best Regards,
Steema Software

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Installation problems

Post by Narcís » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:04 pm

Hello,

For future reference, here are DevExpress's indications on how to proceed with this issue:

http://www.devexpress.com/Support/Center/p/DQ17018.aspx
Best Regards,
Steema Software