No license on build server

TeeChart for Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Xamarin Studio (Android, iOS & Forms) & Monodevelop.
Dor

No license on build server

Post by Dor » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi,

When I build my component on my computer (with license) it works fine. I do not use the licenses.licx file explicitly.

The problem is that we use a build server to build the whole product. There is no license on the build server. When I'm trying to use the component from the build server it throw exception in the "new teechart" statement.
Is there any solution to my probelm?

Thanks.

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:18 am

Hi Dor,

Could you please read Tutorial 17 - Designtime, Runtime and License Requirements? You need to build applications using TeeChart as described in the tutorial. You'll find the tutorials at TeeChart's program group.

If this doesn't help don't hesitate to let us know.

Thanks in advance.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum

Dor

I read the tutorial.

Post by Dor » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi,
I already read the tutorial but it said nothing about the ability to build a project (without designing the teechart graph) on a machine without license.
I just want to know if I can edit the graph on my machine that has the design license, and build the project on the build server that has no license.

Thanks,

Dor

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:13 pm

Hello Dor,

To aid in group-work environments, The TeeChart Developer license permits, where at least one TeeChart Developer License exists, the building of TeeChart dependent code, with no-additional Developer license requirement, on one strictly 'build-only' machine (ie. no code modification taking place at that machine). A TeeChart Designtime license must be installed on that machine for it to compile the license correctly. A License installer is available for download at the customer download page.

Regards,
Marc Meumann
Steema Support

Marc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Marc » Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:35 am

Hello Dor,

Please see: http://www.teechart.net/support/viewtopic.php?t=7542

for an update on this subject.

Regards,
Marc