TChartScrollBar and DateTimeAxis

TeeChart VCL for Borland/CodeGear/Embarcadero RAD Studio, Delphi and C++ Builder.
Gertrude

TChartScrollBar and DateTimeAxis

Post by Gertrude » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:13 pm

Hi

I have a series of several days worth of data labeled by the time of the observation. The observations are not all taken at the same time interval e.g. there may be 10 minutes between some observations, 30 minutes between others etc etc. I wish to be able to scroll smoothly through the entire series using the tchartscrollbar.

The problem seems to me to be that the datetimes are non-integer and if I try to use multiples of a standard time-interval (e.g. 10 minutes) to set the min, max, large change and smallchange properties of the scroll bar it does not work. However I may well be wrong in my supposition.

I'd be most grateful for an example of how to scroll a date-time series with irregular intervals between observations using a tchartscrollbar.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Colin

Narcís
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Narcís » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:24 am

Hi Colin,

Your problem could be the same as described here. For now, the solution is using TScrollBar instead of TChartScrollBar. I'll send sent you an e-mail with the example using TScrollBar.
Best Regards,
Narcís Calvet / Development & Support
Steema Software
Avinguda Montilivi 33, 17003 Girona, Catalonia
Tel: 34 972 218 797
http://www.steema.com
Image Image Image Image Image Image
Instructions - How to post in this forum